Custom Refinishing (DURACOAT)

This is a discussion on Custom Refinishing (DURACOAT) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Can anybody give me some information on DURACOAT?????? I Have a Sig Sauer C3 and I want to have the entire gun refinished in duracoat, ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tokerblue

Thread: Custom Refinishing (DURACOAT)

Can anybody give me some information on DURACOAT?????? I Have a Sig Sauer C3 and I want to have the entire gun refinished in duracoat, has anyone had it done? and is it worth it?

My wife's Kahr PM9 was sprayed with Duracoat 2 years ago & still looks perfect, she even carries in a Crossbreed kydex holster
    Jim's Gun Supply in WI is who sprayed it (shipped parts to him) his # 608-393-4303 & is very good at what he does
    See link below for pics if interested......

Wife's PM9 has returned (something for u ladies)
    Kimber Eclipse Target 2
    Glock 19 (3rd Gen)
    DiamondBack DB9
    Kahr PM9 (wife's edc)
    NRA Life Member

I would also look into Cerakote. It's much more durable than Duracoat. I have several knives coated in Cerakote and also a shotgun barrel that i use for waterfowl hunting. The Cerakote does show a little wear where parts slide against it after 2 years, but the outside barrel looks as good as the day it was coated. I don't baby my guns in the field either.

Cerakote Taber Abrasion test (ASTM D4060) - YouTube
    Drgnfly likes this.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Slim, I LOVE your wife's gun!! I've toyed with doing mine but was worried with how it would hold up (I too carry in a Crossbreed) good to know it still looks perfect! It may be time to give it a try!

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    Ive done some Dura Coating on archery gear and truck parts. After a couple of years out in the sun they still look great! The truck parts are out near the winch on the front of my truck. I'm now getting ready to duracoat my youngest sons 1911. it will be a two tone black and grey. Something like this [ not the colors, just the scheme]

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/527...dcustom001.jpg

I also used Cerakote in Pinnconning, Michigan. I shipped slide and barrel to them and had it back it 7days. The charged me $60. Looks great you can find locations from the Cerakote web site of shops around the country that do it.

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar

I would suggest Cerakote. Fantastic finish and has lubricity properties as well.

Lou at Business End Customs is a member here and his cerakoting is second to none.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

Sponsored Links