Rant: Annoying "Safety" stuff from S&W - Page 3

Rant: Annoying "Safety" stuff from S&W

This is a discussion on Rant: Annoying "Safety" stuff from S&W within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Lish I've assumed those types of things is part of making them CA compliant (can they even have guns there that fire ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Rant: Annoying "Safety" stuff from S&W

Quote Originally Posted by Lish View Post
    I've assumed those types of things is part of making them CA compliant (can they even have guns there that fire without the magazine?) or thanks to lawyers.

The pretty prominent red loaded chamber indicator on the LC9 used to irk me...
    My XDsc doesn't have that written warning on it or the obnoxious loaded chamber indicator on it. :)
    That is a Ruger thing and it used to bug me too, but being an Old Man with a poor memory I kinda like it now. Pretty easy to tell if I have one in the pipe.

for the novice that has not yet learned to inch the slide back to check the chamber.....brought to you by Ruger.

Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

for the novice that has not yet learned to inch the slide back to check the chamber.....brought to you by Ruger.

and for the novice that decides to drop his mag, point his weapon at his room mate in gest.....brought to you by Smith & Wesson
    Walden likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

I kind of like it myself, don't have to mess with the slide and at 68 and a member of the Army National Guard .45 pistol team (Although some time ago) I really don't think of myself as a novice.

I just took all of those stickys off of my M&P 9 and had the internal lock removed from my wife's S&W 642. Removing the lock doesn't leave a hole and takes just a few minutes. If you want to do it yourself, there are several good vids on YouTube.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links