Got the Glock on the range!

This is a discussion on Got the Glock on the range! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I took my new Glock 27 to the range for the first time today. I put 100 rounds of CCI Blazer and 50 rounds of ...

I took my new Glock 27 to the range for the first time today. I put 100 rounds of CCI Blazer and 50 rounds of Federal White Box. Everything went flawless as I had hoped. I've shot the Glock 26 before and the recoil on that was comparable to my dad's Browning Buck Mark .22 that I shoot from time to time. I knew that the recoil from 9 mm to .40 was going to be different. In my opinion, the kick from the 27 was similar to when I shoot my LCP. It is not uncontrollable, but it could be better. Even though I only put 150 rounds through it, I could have easily done 150 more today.

All in all, the gun was what I expected when shooting it. I am a big fan of the .40 round and wanted something that I could conceal easily, so the 27 fit the bill.

I'm not sure what I enjoyed more today, shooting my gun for the first time or seeing the guy next to me shoot his brand new LCR loaded in .357 for the first time.

Glad you had a good and productive time at the range. I guess felt recoil is subjective. I have a G26 and like it a lot. I also have a Buckmark, and while the recoil of the 26 is by no means heavy, it is most definitely more than my Buckmark. Now as for the guy next to you shooting an LCR, it sounds like it may have given you an idea?

Well, you can always make your 27 a 26 with a lone wolf barrel conversion and some 26 mags if you need to. I too just recently got to test out my Glock 27 too. I did 150 rounds. Not too bad in the recoil area in my hands, but it does have some punch for sure. I was able to do one thing today that really helped. I found my front strap pads I bought for my Rock Island 1911 and I decided to modify them and put them on the Glock where I needed some extra grip. Makes a big difference IMO. Probably could just do Talon Rubber grips easier, but this was what I had on hand. As you can see, it wrapped around perfect for where my fingers go and covers all the surface of my palm, perfect!

Congrats on your 27!

IMAG0002.jpg

IMAG0003.jpg
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Links