End of my pretty guns=Glock... - Page 2

End of my pretty guns=Glock...

This is a discussion on End of my pretty guns=Glock... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well said...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: End of my pretty guns=Glock...

Well said
    "Sooner or later we all must die. Warriors choose to do so on their feet, standing between their enemies and those they hold dear. With a weapon in their hands. Cowards choose to do so on their bellies. Unarmed."

- Dave Gell

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    I had no idea there was an adapter to allow the use of full sized mags in the subcompacts! That's a potential game changer to me. I may have to reexamine the tiny Glocks!
    my G30SF pretending to be a Glock 21.....with 13 round mags and A&G Grip Adaptor.

Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    Okay, I'll bite. What are your "pretty guns"? If you've got a safe full of Kleinguenther rifles and old, mint Colt SAs then I'd would respectfully suggest (beg, actually) that you enjoy carrying your very capable G26 while KEEPING the pretty ones. After all, there's a reason why men have...mistresses.
    Well, to me, my Kimber 1911 with Pachmar grips on it is a thing of beauty. The Tarurs PT-99 is too big, I don't carry it much. I have some beautiful S&W revolvers that I carry but wouldn't want to bang around much and as for this Glock, I take it everywhere. The Walther is finicky about ammo, kinda a pretty gun and only a .380. The 1960's S&W .357 hasn't a mark on it, only a little holster wear. Also too big to carry 6 inch barrel.
    pIctures will follow next week when the transfer is complete.

This thread has me rolling in the floor...

I used to go on some "interesting" TDY trips with a fella that had a "reputation" as a "pickup man" when it came to the local lovelies. No matter where we travelled, he always seemed to have a "friend" accompany him down for breakfast the next morning.

Finally, curiosity got the best of us one day and we asked him his secret to success...He smiled, and said "whenever you walk into the local bar, pub, restaurant, shopping mall, whereever we might be, and we "eye" the local talent...I always "go ugly early" ...

Everytime I touch my Glock19, I thank him for imparting that bit of guidance to me..."Go Ugly Early - Get a Glock and never look back!!"
    tacman605 likes this.
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Zonker's sig line says it best. I have owned Kimbers, and still have a couple of them. I do carry them from time to time, and I do see them as beautiful (and effective) pistols. But I find myself carrying one of my Glocks much more often than not. There is something "beautiful" in a Glock's simplicity and reliability.

Everyone needs a block.... err I mean brick...... err I mean glock.
    "6 P's of self defense "
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

I have a 9mm Springfield EMP. It's a thing of beauty and I like shooting it but I don't carry it much. I carry my Glock 19 almost exclusively. As was noted before, there is something to said for simplicity and reliability.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    I had no idea there was an adapter to allow the use of full sized mags in the subcompacts! That's a potential game changer to me. I may have to reexamine the tiny Glocks!
    You don't need any adapter to use the bigger magazines - they will fit and function just fine "as is." The adapters simply "fill in the space" around the part of the magazine that extends out of the grip, making them, in effect, a part of the grip. They are nice, and make the pistol more comfortable, but are not required.
    blitzburgh and Fitch like this.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lowercase View Post
    I have and love a 3rd generation G19, but there's no way in the world that I'm gonna sell my "pretty guns".

I'm a revolver fanatic, and carry a revolver WAY more than my G19.

BTW, that's an awesome price on your Glock. I'm jealous.
    Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    Congrats on your purchase but remember "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

Yes I own some "pretty" guns so to speak but when you are rolling around in the mud trying to fight off an opponent and save your life that Glock (insert whatever make or model you like) looks absolutely beautiful to me.

A self defense gun is a tool nothing more. As long as it works that is all that matters. I would much rather be alive with a butt ugly gun in my hand that be dead with a pretty gun laying beside me.

^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Terrific price on the pistol. enjoy
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Y'all do realize that there are various pretty guns that are just as effective as Glocks.
    multistage likes this.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    You don't need any adapter to use the bigger magazines - they will fit and function just fine "as is." The adapters simply "fill in the space" around the part of the magazine that extends out of the grip, making them, in effect, a part of the grip. They are nice, and make the pistol more comfortable, but are not required.
    Not only are those grip adapters not required, but I consider them a liability.

First, you lose the ability to use the longer magazine in the pistol it was intended for.

Second, if the adapter comes loose and slides up the mag, you might not be able to insert it into the pistol properly.

Third, they make the magazine bulkier to carry.

I can fire my smaller Glocks just fine with their larger cousins' magazines with no issues whatsoever, sans adapters.

KISS, and save your money. You don't need those things.
    Glockwatcher likes this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    Y'all do realize that there are various pretty guns that are just as effective as Glocks.
    For the same money?

And anyway, I don't see the point of a "pretty" sidearm...if it is going to spend it's life hiding in concealment.
    ironmike86 likes this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    For the same money?

And anyway, I don't see the point of a "pretty" sidearm...if it is going to spend it's life hiding in concealment.
    S&W M10s are going for 265.00, and you can get some pretty pristine ones for 350 or so.
    One of these days, I'll make a convert out of you:)

But really, can't go wrong with the Glock. It's my choice more often than not, but I just love those Model 10s!
    ws76133 likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

I too just got a G27. I love the gun, I mean love it. I found the pinky extenders nice because you can get up to two additional rounds and that makes it hold 12 rounds of 180gr madness in a compact package, but they don't help me in the control department. In fact, I find I have better control with the flush fit mag.

Best part about carrying my Glock over my Kimber (besides size, weight, and capacity) is that if I drop it, bang it, or even get it taken after a shooting, I dont really care. It is truly a very utilitarian pistol! For concealed carry, it is one of the best IMO. And just be ready, it takes some time to get accuracy out of it.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    I too just got a G27. I love the gun, I mean love it. I found the pinky extenders nice because you can get up to two additional rounds and that makes it hold 12 rounds of 180gr madness in a compact package, but they don't help me in the control department. In fact, I find I have better control with the flush fit mag.

Best part about carrying my Glock over my Kimber (besides size, weight, and capacity) is that if I drop it, bang it, or even get it taken after a shooting, I dont really care. It is truly a very utilitarian pistol! For concealed carry, it is one of the best IMO. And just be ready, it takes some time to get accuracy out of it.
    I too prefer the baby Glocks without the mag extensions. After all, they were designed for the compact traits as is. And they are as accurate as the shooter is, and sometimes it seems more so than the larger ones.
    pic1.jpg
    40 and 50 yards are no problem.
    bmcgilvray and Glockwatcher like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links