End of my pretty guns=Glock... - Page 3

End of my pretty guns=Glock...

This is a discussion on End of my pretty guns=Glock... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Phaedrus I had no idea there was an adapter to allow the use of full sized mags in the subcompacts! That's a ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: End of my pretty guns=Glock...

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    I had no idea there was an adapter to allow the use of full sized mags in the subcompacts! That's a potential game changer to me. I may have to reexamine the tiny Glocks!
    There are mag adapters for S&W M&P compacts too.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    S&W M10s are going for 265.00, and you can get some pretty pristine ones for 350 or so.
    One of these days, I'll make a convert out of you:)

But really, can't go wrong with the Glock. It's my choice more often than not, but I just love those Model 10s!
    I guess it's all in how you define "pretty." Like I posted earlier, I'm in the "pretty is as pretty does" camp.

No need for a conversion - 5 days a week my primary is a revolver (LCR) - though that one is probably not "pretty" either.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

I used to think Glocks were the ugliest guns on earth. I'm not sure how that changed but now they look just fine to me. I don't like everything about them but I prefer them above all others for my use. For their intended purpose, I'm not sure you can do any better.

Glocks ARE the ugliest guns on earth. My shooting buddies at our local matches make sure they tell me that......

.........as they load their XDms.

But there are sweeter looking guns that are just as reliable. My beloved SIGs come to mind.

I am a bit more accurate with my SIGs, but not enough to make a real world difference. I do shoot the Glocks faster. I have several of each.

Usually carry a 19, 31, or a 32.

multistage

But there are sweeter looking guns that are just as reliable. My beloved SIGs come to mind.

I have a friend who is a SIG guy and I agree they are fabulous guns.

Quote Originally Posted by SLS075 View Post
    I have a 9mm Springfield EMP. It's a thing of beauty and I like shooting it but I don't carry it much. I carry my Glock 19 almost exclusively. As was noted before, there is something to said for simplicity and reliability.
    Hey, i just replaced my ugly plastic pistol with an EMP, more attractive, 100% reliable, same weight loaded as a G19, way better trigger and sights. Thiner and easier to conceal tucked. Only 60% the capacity:-(.

Next time we get the itch to change it up, maybe we should just swap and sAve ourselves some cash:-)

Sent from my iPad

I too prefer the baby Glocks without the mag extensions. After all, they were designed for the compact traits as is. And they are as accurate as the shooter is, and sometimes it seems more so than the larger ones.
    Attachment 64645
    40 and 50 yards are no problem.
    That is impressive from those ranges. I am still getting used to my Glock 27. I can do fine at self defense ranges, but not those ranges.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    Congrats on your purchase but remember "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

Yes I own some "pretty" guns so to speak but when you are rolling around in the mud trying to fight off an opponent and save your life that Glock (insert whatever make or model you like) looks absolutely beautiful to me.

A self defense gun is a tool nothing more. As long as it works that is all that matters. I would much rather be alive with a butt ugly gun in my hand that be dead with a pretty gun laying beside me.
    I've always thought "Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder"!
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States.
    There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
    - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Sig P238/Sig 1911 Ultra/Beretta PX4 Storm/Kimber Ultra Carry II

I too prefer the baby Glocks without the mag extensions. After all, they were designed for the compact traits as is. And they are as accurate as the shooter is, and sometimes it seems more so than the larger ones.
    Attachment 64645
    40 and 50 yards are no problem.
    Maybe we're lookin' at this all wrong and the beauty has been actually in the shooter's ability all along.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

I can't resist a good looking 1911 not to mention a few others....... but, I begin everyday with my G23 or my G27 hung from my hip.
    My EDC G27 gen. 4
    Favorite range gun G23 gen. 3

NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjns View Post
    multistage

I have a friend who is a SIG guy and I agree they are fabulous guns.
    Ummmm... I agree. Sigs are kinda pricey, but very reliable and not too bad on the eyes.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States.
    There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
    - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Sig P238/Sig 1911 Ultra/Beretta PX4 Storm/Kimber Ultra Carry II

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar

I don't think I've ever had a "pretty" gun. I want an accurate gun, and I want my carry gun to be ugly and intimidating when looking at it from the front.

Oh, and I don't have a Glock.

Knowing this gun is coming Monday is helping me get through the family Thanksgiving thing and not seeing any deer in the woods. I'd thought about Black Friday but the Permit Office in Buffalo said "Bring a good book" We're going to have only 2 folks working and you're the 151st person to call and see if we're open Friday. I'll just stay in the woods, thank you.
    To the person who wrote about the Pinky extension, this one has it on one of the magazines and it sold me on the gun. I shot a compact .45 Glock my first time shooting pistols and really didn't like it. This .40 with the pinky extension just feels right. As for the price, I thought I's start at $250 and end up giving hem $300. I couldn't imagine he would want to go lower. If he doesn't get a .40 on Friday at Gander Mountain, he's giving me 150 rounds of ammo. I know it's not a done deal yet but here's to hoping and handshake and gentleman's agreement is worth something.

Score! gotta buck this morning. I know...wrong forum. Sorry guys and gals. 'bout 2 hours later I was playing chamber music with my family while said buck was hanging outside cooling down. He's now all cut up and what's left will go out in the snowstorm for the coyotes. FYI, 30-30, heck of a round. Complete pass through but he dropped. And I mean in his tracks.
    Last edited by violinjim; November 24th, 2012 at 12:44 AM. Reason: language...sorry

Congrats! Yes, the .30-30 is indeed a heck of a round. I love my Marlin 336 - just wish I had more of an opportunity to shoot it. For the money, you'd be hard pressed to beat a lever gun.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links