End of my pretty guns=Glock...

This is a discussion on End of my pretty guns=Glock... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I have the chance to finally purchase a Glock. I've owned handguns for 10 years and never bit on a Glock. Came close a ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: End of my pretty guns=Glock...

So I have the chance to finally purchase a Glock. I've owned handguns for 10 years and never bit on a Glock. Came close a few years ago looking at a Glock 19 but the store sold me a Ruger LCP and Taurus PT99 for the price of a new 19. Now I have the opportunity to buy a Glock model 27 (sub-compact .40 Gen 3) for $225. I didn't hesitate and the paperwork will be filled out later this week. ( I offered him $250 for the gun with the Alessi holster but he bid me down) Will I sell my pretty guns for ammo what Hickok45 claims is one of his favorite guns? We'll see.
    Not loving the looks but it feels pretty good un-shot, especially with the pinky addition to the mag. Big bonus is that it accepts larger Glock magazines. I didn't know this but should have.
    Jim

yes, the Subcompact Glocks accept the magazines of their larger brothers. Here is my G26 with a Glock 19 mag and an A&G Grip extender.
    You'll enjoy the versatility and reliability of your new friend.

A&G Magazine Adapter Converts - G17/22 to 26/27 - Top Gun Supply

A&G Magazine Adapter Converts - G19/23 to 26/27 - Top Gun Supply
    Brass63 likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Will I sell my pretty guns for ammo what Hickok45 claims is one of his favorite guns? We'll see.
    Whoa, selling guns for ammo is just crazy!

Congrats on the purchase, may you soon grow to love it.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

I have and love a 3rd generation G19, but there's no way in the world that I'm gonna sell my "pretty guns".

I'm a revolver fanatic, and carry a revolver WAY more than my G19.

BTW, that's an awesome price on your Glock. I'm jealous.

VIP Member
    Congrats on your purchase but remember "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

Yes I own some "pretty" guns so to speak but when you are rolling around in the mud trying to fight off an opponent and save your life that Glock (insert whatever make or model you like) looks absolutely beautiful to me.

A self defense gun is a tool nothing more. As long as it works that is all that matters. I would much rather be alive with a butt ugly gun in my hand that be dead with a pretty gun laying beside me.
    First Sgt likes this.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    welcome to the brotherhood
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

I had no idea there was an adapter to allow the use of full sized mags in the subcompacts! That's a potential game changer to me. I may have to reexamine the tiny Glocks!

Get it! You will not regret it! I don't!

Welcome to the dark side. You'll like it here Bwuh ha ha ha
    "Sooner or later we all must die. Warriors choose to do so on their feet, standing between their enemies and those they hold dear. With a weapon in their hands. Cowards choose to do so on their bellies. Unarmed."

- Dave Gell

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    Congrats on your purchase but remember "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

Yes I own some "pretty" guns so to speak but when you are rolling around in the mud trying to fight off an opponent and save your life that Glock (insert whatever make or model you like) looks absolutely beautiful to me.

A self defense gun is a tool nothing more. As long as it works that is all that matters. I would much rather be alive with a butt ugly gun in my hand that be dead with a pretty gun laying beside me.
    I thought it was "Beauty is skin deep, but ugly goes all the way to the bone".
    tacman605 likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Well, personally, I think the Glock is a thing of beauty anyway.
    joker1, 3wggl and blitzburgh like this.
    "Sooner or later we all must die. Warriors choose to do so on their feet, standing between their enemies and those they hold dear. With a weapon in their hands. Cowards choose to do so on their bellies. Unarmed."

- Dave Gell

Okay, I'll bite. What are your "pretty guns"? If you've got a safe full of Kleinguenther rifles and old, mint Colt SAs then I'd would respectfully suggest (beg, actually) that you enjoy carrying your very capable G26 while KEEPING the pretty ones. After all, there's a reason why men have...mistresses.
    blitzburgh likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    Yep, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I actually love the "ugly" "turn me loose and watch me work" look.
    I've had my 27 Gen 4 since June of this year. After at least 2,000 RNDS, never a FTF or FTE.
    What sold me on the Glock was it's ability to shoot just about any garbage out it's pipe. Damn; this thing could probably fire rolled buffalo crap. LOL

Thinking about a 19 sometime soon.

Congrats on your purchase.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

Congrats on the new-to-you GLOCK! What's this?!? There is a storm brewing in my crystal ball...dark times are coming your way...many evil black GLOCKS in your future! Good times.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Pretty is as pretty does.

Therefore, Glocks are pretty.

wraithls1 likes this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links