trigger pull glock

trigger pull glock

This is a discussion on trigger pull glock within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Is there any way to make the glock's trigger pull smoother, instead of the click at the end?...

trigger pull glock

Is there any way to make the glock's trigger pull smoother, instead of the click at the end?

...instead of the click at the end?
    You've got big problems, it's supposed to go "BOOM" at the end!

Seriously, I can't help you, but there's a great deal of expertise here as well as over at Glock Talk's forum: http://glocktalk.com/

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    Start out with a 3.5lb connector and a $.25 trigger job.

Several friends did this, and they claim it made a huge ammount of difference. -------

Glock triggers

Some don't like dropping the trigger pull weight in a carry gun. I have a Ghost "tactical" 3.5 in my 19. How drilling a hole in it and raising the price $5 is tactical is for another post. Ghost also makes a 4.5 connector if you want to go that route. The biggest difference with the release in my case was with Titanium parts, but not cheap. You might also try the Ghost Rocket, with a built in trigger stop, but it needs to be fit by a gunsmith or armorer unless you're patient and skilled. I think it might be one of those things that would tie up the gun if it gets dirty, and don't have one on mine, but several of the guys I work with do and like them. All are available here:
    http://www.lonewolfdist.com/

A 3.5# connector and an 8#(Olive) trigger spring and a good polishing will give you a smooth even double-action revolver type trigger pull. I find this to be the best combo to eliminate the crunchy glock trigger without significantly lightening the pull.

That click at the end can be very helpful once you get used to the Glock. The Glock trigger has a very quick reset. By focusing on trigger control when firing the gun, you can fire the gun and listen/feel for that click as you release the trigger. Stop your release as soon as you hear/feel the click and pull the trigger a second time without allowing the trigger to completely return to its original position. You can fire your Glock quicker and more importantly, more accurately this way because the gun stays on target better because there is less movement.
    \"What you\'ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling incoherent response where you even close to expressing anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. May God have mercy on your soul.\" My adoring wife, at least once a day.

thanks for all of your different suggestion.

Glock trigger pull

I installed the 3.5 connector and a lighter spring, along with a smooth faced trigger ( that original serrated one was tearing up my trigger finger during long range sessions ). It took me about 10 minutes doing my G 23, and about 5 minutes on my next gun, a G19. Rreally rather simple. Triggers now feel great.. but your impression may be different.

I installed a CGR (Custom Glock Racing) trigger assembly, which includes ALL trigger related parts, and a reduced power Wolff striker spring in my G21 and it's real smooth and light. Folks that I've shown it to usually get a little bug eyed when the dry fire it.
    I only use it for competition so I am not concerned about it being "too light". My Lyman trigger pull gauge says 2.2 lbs.

Links