Colt Mustang in CA.

Colt Mustang in CA.

This is a discussion on Colt Mustang in CA. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have checked with several different gun dealers and they all tell me that the only Colt Mustang I can buy in CA is a ...

Thread: Colt Mustang in CA.

Colt Mustang in CA.

I have checked with several different gun dealers and they all tell me that the only Colt Mustang I can buy in CA is a used one. I purchased a used Colt Mustang from a gun dealer in Pennsylvania. The agent I'm using in Calif to transfer the gun tells me it can not be transferred in Calif. What is the ruling on this weapon to purchase it and have it shipped into CA?
    I can sure use some input.......

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    greetings and welcome to the site. Sorry to see you are in California...so many difficulties there regarding guns...I was born and raised there, glad I left.

Quote Originally Posted by lchamp View Post
    greetings and welcome to the site. Sorry to see you are in California...so many difficulties there regarding guns...I was born and raised there, glad I left.
    Yeah, I was born and raised in southern California and moved to the very gun friendly state of Texas in 2005 and never looked back. Love the weather there, but thats about it. I've never understood why a few states put so many restrictions on background-passing, law abiding citizens.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States.
    There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
    - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Sig P238/Sig 1911 Ultra/Beretta PX4 Storm/Kimber Ultra Carry II

It's not on the California Roster of Handguns Certified for Sale, according to Calguns.net.

You will probably have to try to see if you can recover your funds from the seller, because you cannot legally have that firearm shipped in through an FFL.

When the dealers in CA told you the only way to get one is to find a used one, they meant within the state.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

BTW, before I forget.... Welcome to the forum!
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

CA DOJ Bureau of Firearms.

Roster of Handguns Certified for Sale in CA -- Run the search on this web page, and you'll see that the Colt Mustang does not appear on the list of approved weapons.

Suggestion: If a CA resident, always first double-check this list, prior to attempting to purchase any firearm, particularly if it's going to need to be FFL transferred from out of state. (Ideally, that's what the other FFL is doing anyway, CA's stringent laws being what they are, but it's good to avoid the whole scene in the first place if you're not going to be able to complete the sale.)
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Keep in mind that it is not only to import it into CA, but the FFL is legally obligated to either refuse it or destroy it. There are some around in CA to buy in a face to face transfer and that is okay.

VIP Member
    Welcome from Virginia. Unfortunately living in CA your screwed. The nanny state knows what's best for you and will do everything they can to make sure your safe from yourself.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Sponsored Links