Sig sauer P 250 9mm

Sig sauer P 250 9mm

This is a discussion on Sig sauer P 250 9mm within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looking at one of these. It's the compac model. I like the looks but need the pros and cons. Also the one I have found ...

Thread: Sig sauer P 250 9mm

Sig sauer P 250 9mm

Looking at one of these. It's the compac model. I like the looks but need the pros and cons.
    Also the one I have found used 25 rounds thru it comes with 200 rounds of ammo for 400. Good deal or should I buy a G27 or 27

Sounds like a good deal to me (especially if it's quality ammo).

A quick search shows LNIB run close to $400, so with nearly $50 worth of ammo included it seems pretty sweet.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I love my 250s I guess that's why I have 4 of them. But, I must say the 250 isn't for everyone. What separates the 250 from the rest of the pack is the long double action trigger. You'll either love it or hate it; there's no in between!

I shot in competition for many years using a DA revolver, so the transition was easy for me. You probably will not find a smoother DA trigger out of the box than that of the 250. All of my 250s have been flawless, and share about 3000 rounds between them. My edc is a 40 subcompact, so might say I trust my life with that gun.

My suggestion is see if you can rent one, if not at least dry fire one several times before buying. If you like the trigger, then buy it! As for your deal, it depends on the ammo. If it's cheap Russian ammo I'd pass on it. You can get a new compact with night sights for around $450. Sig gets about $120 for night sights as an add on, so, I'd consider whether or not the gun you're looking at has night sights.

I found my 250 compact used at my lgs for $350. It is a gen 1 model with night sights. It's my first handgun and I couldn't be happier with it. Yes it has a long trigger pull but it is very smooth and after a couple of trips to the range, I found it to be extremely accurate. I haven't found any ammo that won't feed properly through mine. As far a carry goes, I use a Don Hume 710 belt slide OWB and find that it dissappears under any shirt.
    I don't want to be a hero, but I'm sure not going to be a victim.

Hydrogen and human stupidty are the two most common elements on earth, not necessarily in that order. -- Albert Einstein

Re: Sig sauer P 250 9mm

I have a full size and subcompact P250 and I like them both. There is also the modular concept to them. You can change between 380, 9, 40, 357Sig and 45 with the same pistol by ordering and Xchange kit from Sig. Different size grips are also available. Takes about 30 seconds to switch out.

George
    Smile. It makes people wonder what you are up to

Sponsored Links