Sig Sauer's and Why?

This is a discussion on Sig Sauer's and Why? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a P225 that is 25yrs old and has thousands and thousands of rounds through it, it runs like a champ and I recently ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Sig Sauer's and Why?

I have a P225 that is 25yrs old and has thousands and thousands of rounds through it, it runs like a champ and I recently won a bowling pin shoot with it. Looking/shooting that 25yr old gun makes the little extra expense worth it. I bought a P229 not long ago and it feels like an old friend. I didnt even have to warm up, I was hitting CM right away. Last week I went to check out a P238. Having never fired one and HATING my LCP, I rented it to make sure I liked it. I fired 50rds in about ten minutes and put one a layaway moments later. I've had lots of different guns and for me the Sigs are the best in all catagories. It took me a while to figure that out but I'm glad I did, now I just focus om my next one. :)
    I carry a .357mag because no one bickers about the .357mag being "enough".

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zamboni View Post
    So why do Sig Sauer’s cost a few dollars more then their S&W, Ruger, and Glock counterparts
    Like H&K, it has to do with quality and fit and finish, as wlel as the name. I've carried a Sig P226 at work, and own an H&K P30, and have compared them to the M&P, XD, Walther PPQ, and so forth (and I do love my PPQ) and they are just a better made gun. In the case of the Sig SAS, it's radiused and rounded to be a no-snag weapon for concealed carry, the fit of slide on frame and so forth is very tightly tolerenced, and so forth. It's a well-made, reliable gun, and the design is well thought out (excepting the high bore axis IMHO) much the way the H&K is built to be fully ambidextrous, comes with a hammer-forged, polygonal barrel that can shoot +P+ ammo all day long without issue, feels good in the hand, and so forth. It's an extremely well-made gun. The S&Ws, Springfields, etc are nice guns, and if I had to use one I wouldn't complain (much) but I prefer the H&K, Sig, and Walther, given the choice.

Sigs are excellent guns

I like handguns and generally have something good to say about most handguns that work properly. I got my first Sig about 15 years ago, the nickel P226 shown below. I liked it so well that I eventually bought 5 more Sigs over the years. They are just extremely well-made, accurate, reliable guns with good ergonomics. They cost a little more than some other brands, but their quality justifies the price. The one I can shoot best is probably a .40 caliber P229, and my most recent purchase is a .380 caliber P238. I don't plan to dispose of any of my Sigs.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    My semi-autos are Sigs, Walthers, and Colts. The are all great guns and accurate. The ONLY malfunctions I have ever experienced occurred in my 50 year old Colt .22 target pistol. I like all of them. I tested all of them except the Colt at the range before buying one. My edc guns are either Sigs or Walthers because I have fired them enough to trust them.

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    ...ummm...no external safety on the SIGs...
    Interesting... Mine has one. But that's my point, there are various options Sig offers that Glock does not. One can easily look at those options and decide whether it is worth it to them or not.
    Dave

"When among wild beasts, if they menace you, be a wild beast."
    -Herman Melville

Having only recently picked up an interest in handguns, I rented many different pistols from the local range, mainly in the .380 and 9mm flavors with a couple of .45s thrown in. None of the pistols I tried shot as accurately for me as the Sigs did. They also tend to have a bit of heft to them, which absorbs recoil nicely, making them more comfortable to shoot.

Since I don't carry (yet), I can't really say how they would do as SDCCW, but all my searches on here for P229 and P239 (the models I have the most interest in) show great reviews.

Edit:
    As an aside (and possible analogy), I also gravitate toward Apple products. While specs may put certain PC products on equal footing, I prefer the fit and finish of Apple (as well as OS X).

Sig Sauer's and Why?

Quote Originally Posted by GlassWolf View Post
    Like H&K, it has to do with quality and fit and finish, as wlel as the name. I've carried a Sig P226 at work, and own an H&K P30, and have compared them to the M&P, XD, Walther PPQ, and so forth (and I do love my PPQ) and they are just a better made gun. In the case of the Sig SAS, it's radiused and rounded to be a no-snag weapon for concealed carry, the fit of slide on frame and so forth is very tightly tolerenced, and so forth. It's a well-made, reliable gun, and the design is well thought out (excepting the high bore axis IMHO) much the way the H&K is built to be fully ambidextrous, comes with a hammer-forged, polygonal barrel that can shoot +P+ ammo all day long without issue, feels good in the hand, and so forth. It's an extremely well-made gun. The S&Ws, Springfields, etc are nice guns, and if I had to use one I wouldn't complain (much) but I prefer the H&K, Sig, and Walther, given the choice.
    This guy has it right. It comes down to quality. Not that the others don't perform they are just not built the same. Same comparison can be made with the car industry. They will all do what they are intended to do but some are a little more refined and therefore cost more.

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaGunny View Post
    Of all of my hanguns, Sig is the only brand that I have multiples of. For me, they're the most comfortable in my hand. Their accuracy & reliability are fantastic.

If SHTF, I'm grabbing one of my Sigs first.
    That is true of my semi-autos...I do have multiple S&W revolvers. I do love my sigs.

Apparently most all the cops trust them, as well as most of the military.

I've got two Sig pistols; a .380 P232 that I've had for about 15 years, and my new .45 C3 (my avatar). They are two of my favorite guns.

The P232 is quite simply, IMHO, the best-built gun in its class. It's big by 'modern' standards for a .380, but it sure is a sweet shooter, and the most reliable .380 I've ever seen, including a PPK/s and a Beretta M84. Love both of those guns, but the Sig takes top honors.

I don't have a lot of range time with the C3 yet, but the fit, finish, and feel are second to none that I've ever handled and/or fired. It was actually very reasonably priced for a top-tier 1911. It's been flawless for the couple hundred rounds I've got through it so far.

So, to answer your question - they're just really nice!

Regards,
    Jim

I love my P2022. Awesome gun at a great price.

Very accurate and no problems.
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

JD
    Administrator
    OMG! They are sooo just over priced crap with too high of a bore-axis, a Hi Point is just as good just like a Ruger or a Glock, those stinking euro trash Germans think their stuff is soooo good....it's NOT the triggers are horrible and did I mention that stoo-pid high bore axis??? No one can shoot one well just because I haven't taken the time to learn to to employ a pistol that well....

Oh wait, that's the argument against HKs....never mind.

Sig Sauer's and Why?

Quote Originally Posted by mano3 View Post
    I love my P2022. Awesome gun at a great price.

Very accurate and no problems.
    I was about to post this exact same thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Senior Member Array sonnycrocket's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zamboni View Post
    Not trying to start a nasty debate, nor, am I trying or looking to trash anyone or anything.

But….I got ah ask
    So why do Sig Sauer’s cost a few dollars more then their S&W, Ruger, and Glock counterparts

And is the higher price really worth it? So tell me what do you think and why?

Just looking for a justification as to why you think I should, and why did or would you spend the extra money on one?

Why did you do it? Why do you think I should?

So tell me what do you think and why?

Also, just how reliable are they as a SDCCW?
    Glock G23 Gen 4 550
    I paid 100 for night sights and 25 bucks for a 3.5# trigger
    now im up to 675

I bought a new Sig yesterday,it cost 699...It needs nothing and its all metal
    and IMO is a better made gun

Pretty close comparison IMO...
    mkh and msc8127 like this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links