Sig Sauer's and Why?

Sig Sauer's and Why?

This is a discussion on Sig Sauer's and Why? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Not trying to start a nasty debate, nor, am I trying or looking to trash anyone or anything. But….I got ah ask So why do ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Sig Sauer's and Why?

Sig Sauer's and Why?

Not trying to start a nasty debate, nor, am I trying or looking to trash anyone or anything.

But….I got ah ask
    So why do Sig Sauer’s cost a few dollars more then their S&W, Ruger, and Glock counterparts

And is the higher price really worth it? So tell me what do you think and why?

Just looking for a justification as to why you think I should, and why did or would you spend the extra money on one?

Why did you do it? Why do you think I should?

So tell me what do you think and why?

Also, just how reliable are they as a SDCCW?

I really like several different guns. I have owned glocks and currently own what you see in my signature. I am trying not to be a big fan boy of Sig, but my 226 is the only gun I have ever owned that has never had one, let me repeat not one, FTF or FTE in a few thousand rounds from the day I got it. My XDM and GLocks 27/36 would have FTF problems occasionally. They were probably due to user error, but even with the same poor use by me the Sig has never had one hiccup. I would gladly buy another XDM and am looking at a GLock 26 now, but I will say in my opinion if my life depended on my gun to operate I would only ever use my 226 if it was possible. I am really thinking about getting the Sig 938 to go with my DB, and am really hoping it is just as reliable as my 226. I am only discussing handguns here. I have several rifles and shotguns that I have never had issues with.
    Daniel Defense V2 AR15
    Sig P226 TACOPS
    Glock 26
    Diamond Back DB9
    M&P Shield

I can't speak to the quality of current production models but my German and West German pistols are fantastic. For me the ergonomics were the key. First time they hit my hand they were "Right". I had fired second and third generation S&W and they were ok. Glock I never liked the feel or the trigger pull. I really liked the Ruger P-85 but was not crazy about sticking my finger in through the ejection port to take it apart.
    The first time I fired my P226 I was just amazed. My friend who I bought it from had sent it out for Robar NP3 on the frame and slide. The trigger pull is incredible. At anyting resembling reasonable self defense ranges the sights are just along for the ride. The gun just puts the bullets where I want them to go. The only one I actually think about shooting is my P225. The others just shoot themselves. They just fit me so perfectly that I don't see any reason for me to look at anything else.

But that is just me. If it doesn't feel perfect to you, I would keep looking until you find what is "Right" for you.

As far as reliability, The newer ones had some extraction issues a few years back but I understand they have worked those out. My older (folded slide) ones have been utterly reliable.
    QKShooter likes this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Because they are awesome! I love my P229 and would never sell or trade it. It has thousands of rounds through it and never had a malfunction. Goes back to the old saying "you get what you pay for". When the navy seals and countless other government agencies, military, and police departments use the P226-P229 you know it must be a great gun.
    Dcasandman, BradL and mano3 like this.
    Sig Sauer P229 SCT, Sig Sauer P938, Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 17 Gen 3, Remington 870, Grandpa's Old Single Shot 12 Gauge

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. Abraham Lincoln

mkh
    Well, for one thing most models are all metal. The build quality is great. They just point and shoot well and taper very accurate. I own 4 Sigs but the P229 just fits my hand perfectly. My 1911 Ultra Compact is the best 1911 I have ever owned or fired. The SP2022 is one of the unknown bargains.

And the P220 is just legendary. There is none like it.
    mano3 likes this.

Its kinda one of those things that you have to own one to understand. I shoot my Sigs better than any other gun I've owned and they really do feel better in my hand and have the nicest triggers (except for 1911 SA). My personal favorite is my P229 with the SRT trigger.
    I carry a .357mag because no one bickers about the .357mag being "enough".

Re: Sig Sauer's and Why?

Look on YouTube for a clip "Glock vs Sig"

George
    Smile. It makes people wonder what you are up to

When I decided to pocket carry due to my location (summers in Texas are unforgiving), I handled every pocket shooter out there. Some were too punishing on the hands at the range. Some had useless sights. Most felt like cheap plastic "Made in China" firearms. One had awesome night nights, felt like a "real gun" in the hand, and shot like a dream: that was the Sig P238. I paid almost twice the cost of the others but I would purchase one again if I had to do it all over again. I love my Sig.
    MrsHB likes this.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States.
    There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
    - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Sig P238/Sig 1911 Ultra/Beretta PX4 Storm/Kimber Ultra Carry II

Quote Originally Posted by mkh View Post
    Well, for one thing most models are all metal. The build quality is great. They just point and shoot well and taper very accurate. I own 4 Sigs but the P229 just fits my hand perfectly. My 1911 Ultra Compact is the best 1911 I have ever owned or fired. The SP2022 is one of the unknown bargains.

And the P220 is just legendary. There is none like it.
    I have a SP2022. It's a great gun. 1000 rounds without a hiccup.
    mano3 likes this.

Sig Sauer's and Why?

For me, it is the accuracy. They are just a bit more accurate for me than most other pistols...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not going to try to talk you into buying a Sig or not buying a Sig. The best advice I can give you is go to a range and rent the firearm you are considering buying. For me.....I can tell after one (1) magazine whether or not the pistol is something I can live with and want to buy. Asking an open ended question on a forum like this will really not give you the information you need...... Go shoot a Sig and see what you think....afterall, liking or not liking a particular firearm is really a subjective thing. There are many variables involved and only YOU can answer the question as to whether or not a Sig is worth the extra money.

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    I guess I am 1 that can't find a single reason why I should have a sig in my group of handguns. I have shot several models but to me there just one of many to pick from and nothing stands out as more outstanding than some others.

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zamboni View Post
    Not trying to start a nasty debate, nor, am I trying or looking to trash anyone or anything.

But….I got ah ask
    So why do Sig Sauer’s cost a few dollars more then their S&W, Ruger, and Glock counterparts

And is the higher price really worth it? So tell me what do you think and why?

Just looking for a justification as to why you think I should, and why did or would you spend the extra money on one?
    Price Comparing Plastic Framed guns to All Metal guns is pointless.

Also , some Colts , Kimbers and Springfields cost more than a basic SIG.

I own SIGs because the co. has sold LOTS of guns for military use , and I prefer DA/SA guns.
    kmagnuss, Ceapea and mano3 like this.
    -------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

Quote Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
    I guess I am 1 that can't find a single reason why I should have a sig in my group of handguns. I have shot several models but to me there just one of many to pick from and nothing stands out as more outstanding than some others.
    For me its not that they feel better when shooting. In fact I am one person that likes the angle of the glock grip better. It is just that mine just works without failure for thousands of rounds. No glock, springfield, kimber, kahr, diamondback, or M&P that I have shot has had a zero fail rate in my hand. The 226 has with some pretty crappy ammo put in it.
    Daniel Defense V2 AR15
    Sig P226 TACOPS
    Glock 26
    Diamond Back DB9
    M&P Shield

Administrator
    My vintage SIG/Browning "Sig Sauer System" BDA .45acp alloy frame (w/ butt magazine release) - The Euro equivalent of the American SIG P220 has never had a failure to feed/function/or fire.
    It has operated flawlessly from way back when "first round out of the box" until today. I have never replaced a broken part and I sure do trust it with my life.

And if you don't mind the butt magazine release (which does take abit of getting used to) you can get one heckova deal on one. They are a real sleeper. The American SIG P220 magazines (as long as they have the flat plate bottom) will work perfectly but, the Euro magazines cannot be used in the American SIG P220.

Here is one on Gunbroker identical to mine except I have installed fancy Hogue exotic wood grips on mine...but the factory grips are excellent

Notice that the Euro mags do not have the mag release cut-out slot. Any American mags w/ a similar flat bottom will work fine in the Browning Arms SIG.
    Ceapea likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links