Need a Sig recommendation. - Page 2

Need a Sig recommendation.

This is a discussion on Need a Sig recommendation. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by DroidGeorge Look at the P250s - full size and compact. They have interchangeable grips so you should be able to change between ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Need a Sig recommendation.

Quote Originally Posted by DroidGeorge View Post
    Look at the P250s - full size and compact. They have interchangeable grips so you should be able to change between small, medium and large grips. I left off the subcompact because the 45 Xchange kit is not yet for sale for it.
    They are listed on Sigs website under parts
    George
    The 45 subcompact x-change kit is indeed available. I just missed out on the last batch, and I've been waiting since Oct 2 for mine to arrive. Sig told me it would likely be 3 more weeks.

I've always loved the 1911 .45 design. Most Sigs feel like a brick in my hand as well. The only one's I keep picking up over and over is that P-250 Polymer inter-changeable system gun. It just FEELS right...but didn't think they had the .45 yet. Also, if you need a pocket carry, check out the new Sig P-238 in .380. It's modeled like the 1911 grip or copy of Cold Mustang. The little thing is positively addictive. Reports say it is "crazy" accurate as well as fun to shoot-meaning more practice time.

sig 250 compact

Quote Originally Posted by AZGlock13 View Post
    The Sig P245 and the P220 Compact are just a shorter (height) version of the same grip that the P220 and P220 Carry uses. If the width and/or the length (front to back length of the grip) bother you, then a P245 or P220 Compact will not do you any good. Like already mentioned, if you want to stay with .45ACP in a Sig pistol, you will need to look at the P250 polymer frame series. As to the thinnest grips you can get for the P series metal frame pistols, that would be the Hogue Extreme Alum. and Hogue Extreme G10 grips (these are somewhat considered even slightly thinner than the stock plastic grips, but not by all (some believe the plastic grips are just as thin, I'm not really sure myself)). The mentioned P220 Elite Dark model, is a full sized P220 (same grip dimensions as a normal P220 or normal P220 Carry) that comes with a beavertail, night sights and a SRT trigger and also sports thin Hogue Extreme Aluminum grips.

I somewhat disagree with your comments relative to the Hogue Extreme G10 grips vs stock Sig thin grips. I actually own two P220 Carry pistols. One is the railed version and the other is the Gen 2 SAS version. On my railed version I have put the Hogue G10 grips and the other has the standard grips. I haven't actually measured them, but he standard Sig thin grips definitely feel thinner to me than the Hogue grips. Another downside to the Hogue G10 grips is weight.....they weigh a couple ounces more than the stock Sig polymer thin grips. I like the Hogue grips, but the standard Sig thin grips work fine and really feel fine in my hand.

I don't really know which ones are thinner myself, just stating that quite a few folks on other forums (the Sig forum, THR, etc.) have mentioned that the Hogue Aluminum and G10 grips are thinner than the stock plastic grips. I have all three types on my numerous Sigs (stock plastic, aluminum and G10) and they all feel pretty thin to me (I'm little partial to G10s though ). I don't have digital calibers to verify the various grips' thickness one way or the other.

Re: Need a Sig recommendation.

Cool. I've never seen them list the 45 for the SC on the websiteuploadfromtaptalk1353982339355.jpg

Top is full size 45, middle SC in 9mm, and my little 32 Tomcat.

George
    Smile. It makes people wonder what you are up to

If you're looking for a thinner grip on a SIG, I have to agree with the other posters here that have suggest the P239. If anything I find that the grip is too thin for my hands. As far as "being happy", it doesn't matter what you end up with as a carry pistol, someone is always going to tell you that you don't have enough rounds, or that the rounds in your pistol are anemic and are barely adequate for stopping agressive hampsters. When we get right down to it, even a Desert Eagle in .50 AE is a very poor manstopper when you compare it with a shotgun or carbine.

Here's an idea - if you like 1911's but you don't want an external safety on your carry pistol (I can't say that I share that concern, but to each their own), maybe take a look at the Para-Ordnance line. They offer "light double action" 1911's.

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    all of them my favorite is the 226
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

VIP Member
    I have a couple 226 Elites and they are by far my favorite. I want an elite 220 for the trifecta!
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Distinguished Member Array sonnycrocket's Avatar
    I thought this was a good deal so I ordered one,def thinner grips
    Sigarms 220 Carry SAS Gen 2 45ACP Rosewood Grip NS SAO $699.00 SHIPS FREE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links