Who have "Bersa"? Good or Bad?

This is a discussion on Who have "Bersa"? Good or Bad? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Bought my Lady a Bersa Thunder .380 several months ago. After 600+rnds through it with NO malfunctions at all it`s an EDC. Great weapons!!....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Who have "Bersa"? Good or Bad?

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    Bought my Lady a Bersa Thunder .380 several months ago. After 600+rnds through it with NO malfunctions at all it`s an EDC. Great weapons!!.

2. Remove Ads

My wife carries a Firestorm 380 because she prefers the rubber grips. I have a 9UC. Both are reliable, although the 380 doesn't like cheap target ammo. Had a couple FTE's with Priv Partizan made ammo, but absolutely 0 issues using Winchester or Federal ammo. The 9UC has been 100%. Happy with both and considering a 380CC for the collection.

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    There ya go , all answers are pro bersa. My daughters too.

Who have "Bersa"? Good or Bad?

I have the BP9CC and love, LOVE it. It has been flawless on the range. On top of that. The LGS I work at once or twice a week can't keep them in stock and we always hear positive feedback on them. Rock on Bersa!
    Rob
    -----------
    Play in the heavens baby girl. For we will again one day see you.
    Gracie Rae P Nov 16,2004 - Sept 2,2012
    Forever daddy's girl!
    -----------

I own a Bersa thunder .380. It is a great gun. never had a hic-up. Fires all types of ammo. accurate as any gun I own.

I like my Bersa so much I started a board for them

bersachat.com over 4000 owners and growing every day.
    1990, 1992 Colt Mustang 1941 Colt USGI 1951 Colt Commander 9MM
    1972 Colt Combat Commander 1994,1997 Colt Officer ACPs 2001 Colt LTW Commander 2005 Colt Defender 2007 Dan Wesson
    early Detonics come visit http://www.americanclassic1911forum.com or www.bersachat.com

I've been seriously considering a Bersa 9 or 40 HC myself. I've been researching the crap out of Bersa and I've seen mostly positive feedback and I think it's fair to expect some amount of complaints on any gun whether it costs $300 or $1000. I know a lot of people mention the finish being less than outstanding but I'm looking for a gun that can take a beating and still go bang when my life depends on it. Considering the Argentine military and police are using Bersas when they could just as easily be carrying Glocks or anything else - I think that says something.

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    Thumbs up for the Thunder Pro sub-Compact .45! Amazingly accurate. The ONLY gripe I have is the profile is that of a double stack, but the pistol is a single stack (7+1). It's every bit as fat in the grip as anyone's double stack. Otherwise, a great buy! Oh - magazines are cheaper than any dealer I could find and Bersa actually has some in stock as of Monday 12/24!
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    IMHO;
    Bersa is one of the most under rated handguns on the market. I think Bersa makes some of the best handguns you can buy; and the value is unbeatable.

I own a Bersa Thunder 380. Very reliable and accurate. I have had 6 FTL all out of one box of Tula brand ammo. Won't try that again. I've shot hundreds of rounds from five other brands of 380 ammo out of it and not one problem with loading, firing, or ejecting. I really like it.

Older Model 383 .380 bought new some time ago. Finally found a spare mag
    a few weeks ago at a LGS. Paid an arm and a leg for it. This is the purty blued
    model.
    Mod.383.JPG

The .40 Thunder Pro bought new two years ago. Had to wait two weeks for it.
    Wasn't thrilled with the finish.
    Dersa & Smith.jpg

Both pistols extremely accurate and have both been flawless. Never regretted
    buying them.

J

Quote Originally Posted by sniper58 View Post
    Thumbs up for the Thunder Pro sub-Compact .45! Amazingly accurate. The ONLY gripe I have is the profile is that of a double stack, but the pistol is a single stack (7+1). It's every bit as fat in the grip as anyone's double stack. Otherwise, a great buy! Oh - magazines are cheaper than any dealer I could find and Bersa actually has some in stock as of Monday 12/24!
    Say what? The Ultra Carry .45 is a double stack gun.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links