Good first carry for smaller guy that isn't a Glock. - Page 5

Good first carry for smaller guy that isn't a Glock.

This is a discussion on Good first carry for smaller guy that isn't a Glock. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Smaller guy = smaller Glock......

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Good first carry for smaller guy that isn't a Glock.

Smaller guy = smaller Glock...

"Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    kerberos, sixgun and aus71383 like this.

Haven't laughed that hard in a long time!

Thanx Thunder71

Civil_Response likes this.
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

I am 5'6" with an athletic build and manage a P228 with problems.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

VIP Member
    My wife isn't quite as small as Lima, but she's far from large- 5'4 115 pounds. She carried a Sig 229 every day. You don't have to go for a tiny gun, you just need good gear and you can hide just about anything. Just to prove a point she carried a 50AE Desert Eagle on a trip to a mall in Tampa not too long ago. Nobody knew she had a weapon.
    mulle46 likes this.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

As a big Walther fan, I'll say grab a PPS, it's very slim, comfortable to carry, and a great shooter. It's a bit hefty, but I personally love that, a little extra weight on a subcompact does recoil good.

I'm 5'7" 140lbs, slim waist. I carry an FNX-9. Awesome gun, easily concealable and inexpensive to shoot.

Why is it that when a thread states "I don't want a Glock, Remora, Revolver, etc." that the first posts are trying to convince the original poster that they are wrong and should reconsider their choices? There are so many choices in guns, holsters, and ammo that if someone doesn't want a particular brand or style there are plenty of other good choices despite what Glock owners say. Just ranting.
    Civil_Response and sensei2 like this.
    Life is too short to shoot ugly guns.

Im kinda small myself. And while others have recomended slim single stack 9mms or 40's. I have the S&W m&p9mm compact.And its size is just about perfect. Not much bigger than the single stacks and holds more rounds and they will accept full size 17 round mags. And the more I shoot it the more I like it. But if you can try several different guns to see what you might like best.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    Buying a gun (good)
    Buying something other than glock(great)
    Watching this video (priceless)

Ot, *wishes his iPad handled video links better* grrrrrr. Lol. Makes me go to main computer sometimes
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr View Post
    Why is it that when a thread states "I don't want a Glock, Remora, Revolver, etc." that the first posts are trying to convince the original poster that they are wrong and should reconsider their choices? There are so many choices in guns, holsters, and ammo that if someone doesn't want a particular brand or style there are plenty of other good choices despite what Glock owners say. Just ranting.
    I think it's more that people are saying it to keep the op's mind open. I didn't like the Glock I was issued when I got it, but I have grown to love it's functionality and ergonomics.
    aus71383 likes this.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    Perfect. From the guy that changes carry guns like women change their clothes. Sold your XDs or Shield yet?
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    Perfect. From the guy that changes carry guns like women change their clothes. Sold your XDs or Shield yet?
    A whole 3 times, would have been two if the XD-S was on time. Stalker.

Distinguished Member
    Awe man, can't believe I read through all these pages on such a worn out topic. Then you (thunder 71), had to post that . . . . SO GREAT!!! LOL!!! I swear I have shouted some of those same statements made in the video - "like holding a dag gum 2x4!!!". That was soooo great.

You know these threads just prove how choosing a gun is such a personal thing. Kinda like picking out a vehicle, lots of variety for lots of different reasons. I tend to think like this - get what you think is best for you now, its probably gonna be something different down the road anyways.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links