Charter arms revolvers

This is a discussion on Charter arms revolvers within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; walkabout 002.jpg 80's stainless 3" Bull Dog...with factory bobed hammer..Side guard Holster "tuck".....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Charter arms revolvers

walkabout 002.jpg

80's stainless 3" Bull Dog...with factory bobed hammer..Side guard Holster "tuck"..
    chepo06, 03 and lowercase like this.

2. Remove Ads

I have the 357 Pug. Nice little guns. Nowhere near as slick as the LCR. Fit and finish isn't as nice as a S&W or Taurus, but it works, and it's extremely light for a 357 power gun. Grips are extremely comfortable right up until you actually shoot the thing! Wouldn't hesitate to carry one, in fact I do carry mine in the pickup. Just like anything else, for about $100 more, you can have something a little bit "nicer". That doesn't mean the Charters are bad. Sometimes we don't want to spend that extra $100.
    03 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GentlemanJim View Post
    I really like that gun but could live without the grips. Does anyone make wood boot grips for it?

Jim
    There are a couple companies who make wood grips for the Charter. I'm currently looking at some from Altamont, but their grips aren't the short, "boot" style.

For now, I just have some old-style Charter "Undercover" grips on my Bulldog. All Charter revolvers have the same grip frame, so all grips are interchangeable.

Yeah, the grips are pretty small for this .44 Blaster, but I have small hands, and they conceal better than any other grip. On a small belt slide holster worn at 4:00, I forget that I'm wearing this gun.

bulldog_wood_grips.jpg
    03 likes this.

Yes, cepo06, .44 ammo costs an arm and a leg!

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsclaw View Post
    I have the 357 Pug. Nice little guns. Nowhere near as slick as the LCR. Fit and finish isn't as nice as a S&W or Taurus, but it works, and it's extremely light for a 357 power gun. Grips are extremely comfortable right up until you actually shoot the thing! Wouldn't hesitate to carry one, in fact I do carry mine in the pickup. Just like anything else, for about $100 more, you can have something a little bit "nicer". That doesn't mean the Charters are bad. Sometimes we don't want to spend that extra $100.
    I fully understand not spending extra money sometimes, but which gun in particular can you get a five shot 44 special that is better quality than the bulldog??? I got my Bulldog for $320.... not bashing, but just curious? bunker
    03 likes this.
    "6 P's of self defense "
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

CaptSmith, that's a beauty...

bunker, you can go with a .44 magnum, as they will all fire the .44 specials, and all of the big names in the revolver industry make them. There are many beautiful choices...

Devilsclaw, I actually carry my .44 bulldog in my jeans pocket. I don't think any other .44 is small enough to do that. I bought a Kramer Gun Leather pocket holster for it, and the Kydex backing completely obscures the outline of the pocket cannon.

Quote Originally Posted by bunker View Post
    I fully understand not spending extra money sometimes, but which gun in particular can you get a five shot 44 special that is better quality than the bulldog??? I got my Bulldog for $320.... not bashing, but just curious? bunker
    No, you are right on the .44. Taurus possibly made them in Titanium, I know they made extremely light 45 Colt and 45 ACP, but I'm not aware of any current manufacture. The Bulldog is an awesome gun.

I was simply referring to .357 Mag. Pug, since that was what the OP was asking about. Ruger does now make the LCR in .357 Mag. so that would be another option, and I think it is "nicer" than the Charter, but that doesn't necessarily equate to "better".

Hope that answers your question.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsclaw View Post
    No, you are right on the .44. Taurus possibly made them in Titanium, I know they made extremely light 45 Colt and 45 ACP, but I'm not aware of any current manufacture. The Bulldog is an awesome gun.

I was simply referring to .357 Mag. Pug, since that was what the OP was asking about. Ruger does now make the LCR in .357 Mag. so that would be another option, and I think it is "nicer" than the Charter, but that doesn't necessarily equate to "better".

Hope that answers your question.
    Thanks, it does clear things up. I didnt realize you were reffering to the 357... my bad.
    "6 P's of self defense "
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Quote Originally Posted by bob56 View Post
    Have a 44 bulldog I like it quality good.
    gbr2.jpg

What holster is that? I like it, and my LCR doesn't work well in my J frame holsters because of the larger trigger guard.
    03 likes this.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters.
    If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.
    --Alan Simpson

Charter arms revolvers

I'm hitting up a gun show this weekend. Gonna fondle some revolvers for sure
    03 likes this.
    Dont mistake Kindness for Weakness!!!
    Kimber Ultra Carry II
    Kel-Tec PF-9
    Ruger SP 101 2 1/4" 357 mag

Quote Originally Posted by bunker View Post
    Wish I could find a Stainless .44 Bulldog at that price! Did you get that online, LGS, or what?

Regards,
    Jim

mudgen, cool holster!

Charter arms revolvers

Update

Fondled some today at a gunshow. I'm torn between charter arms .44 special - CA .357 and the ruger LCR in .357.

The .44 special is the lightest of the 3 which amazed me, ammo is very expensive and is in between others price wise.

The 357 CA felt good and will conceal well. Can take take aftermarket grips.

The lcr is amazing but has a steeper price tag.

I'm leaning for the CA 357

$319 - .357
    $329 - .44 special
    $449 - lcr

Only reason these are my options is LGS has 6 month layway and I'm a cheap beaner
    Dont mistake Kindness for Weakness!!!
    Kimber Ultra Carry II
    Kel-Tec PF-9
    Ruger SP 101 2 1/4" 357 mag

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links