Picked up my shield!

This is a discussion on Picked up my shield! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Still haven't shot it yet. I have dry fired it about 500 times lol. Hunting season ends sunday then its time to play. I am ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Picked up my shield!

Still haven't shot it yet. I have dry fired it about 500 times lol. Hunting season ends sunday then its time to play. I am still up in the air on holster choice. I need something IWB tuckable, not sure if I want one clip or two or no clips (Remora). I wear dress pants and either a polo or button up everyday to work. I like the looks of the Crossbreed micro tuck, n82 professional, pj holster, remora...etc... So many good choices

2. Remove Ads

I got mine a couple months ago. Congratulations! You won't be disappointed. I carry mine everyday with gold dot's in the mags and one chamber.
    ALWAYS CARRY - NEVER TELL

NRA MEMBER
    GOA MEMBER

Friend of Bill

Congrats

I love my Shield 40

I also use a Remora
    accessbob likes this.
    An imperfect servant of my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ

Buying American made, keeping Americans working
    ....Whenever I still can

What non-shooter are YOU planning on taking to the range?

Finally got a change to shoot it a bit. I put about 50 rounds through it saturday morning. WOW all this hype on this gun is 100% correct. I can not believe the accuracy in such a small pistol. It is right up there with my SR1911 and far as accuracy goes. I was shooting at my brothers shoot and see zombie targets and after my first 3 shots from about 12 yards were all touching right inbetween the zombies eyes, I looked and my brother with a big smile on my face and said Holy $&!*

I still need to pick a holster.....
    accessbob likes this.

Picked up my shield!

Try a hybrid holster from Tommy Theis (www.theisholsters.com). I have two of them and love them both. Same ideas as the Crossbreed SuperTuck but less expensive. I also like the fact that Tommy offers a Kydex clip option as opposed to the metal clips.
    Tangochuck likes this.

I use a hidden hybrid holster for mine and it's very comfortable. I wear a 1.5" belt, and they only offer 1.75" metal clips. It was bearable, but I recently switched out for some SnapOver clips from Harwell holsters and I love them. I had to drill my own hole since their clips were so long, but I like the full wrap around the belt and nothing that kind of sticks out like some of the easy-on clips.

https://www.harwellholsters.com/prod...-holster-clips

The holster is important because if you can get it so you can comfortably carry the holster, you wont even notice the shield.

Congrats!!!! I love, love, love my shield .40!

I wanted the thinnest holster possible. So about an hour ago i ordered from PJHolsters.com. i got the IWB tuckable with the j hook. Paul replied after i ordered and said i will have it in 4 weeks. Ill let your know what i think of it.

Congrats on your S&W Shield. The more you'll shoot it the more you'll love it. I also purchased a Ramora holster and the best part of Remora is that you can place the holster exactly where you want it. No clips to adjust and after a while you really forget you have it on plus it rest right against your body. Even with a tee shirt it doesn't print.

I've shot numberous brands of ammo through my Shield, well over a 1,000 rounds through it and it hasn't jammed once. Just continues to run anything through it without any problems.

Picked up my shield!

Quote Originally Posted by Spovik View Post
    Here's something for both of you then, my obligatory "post this to every M&P shield thread" picture.

M&P Shield 9mm and a Hidden Hybrid Holster IWB/OWB
    How does that holster do owb? And iwb?
    XD Subcompact 9MM
    more to come..

Quote Originally Posted by 2slow04 View Post
    How does that holster do owb? And iwb?
    I have yet to wear it OWB. OWB is too close to OC for me. It is really comfortable IWB. I did have to change the clips because I wore 1.5" belts, but I do like it. and it always stays put. There are a bunch of manufacturers that make holsters like this, but since this was my first and I didn't know if I wanted IWB or OWB, I went with it and haven't had any desire to try OWB.
    godawgs82 likes this.

Got the email yesterday my holster is on its way!!! I am up to about 400 rounds through it now and still very much in the honeymoon phase!! What a fun gun to shoot! The grip was a bit slick for my liking so I added a set of Talons and it fixed that problem quickly.

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    Awesome. Cant wait to hear the range report

New .40 shield

Quote Originally Posted by 03mossy View Post
    The day the shields were announced I called my favorite gun shop and asked him to put me first on the list for the first 9 that came in. Well they got 3 of them in and true to his word he held one back for me and sold the other 2 online for way more than what I paid. Its why I do business with small shops that know your name, even if it costs me a few more bucks on somethings. He could have not said anything to me and just sold mine online also and made more money.

Anyway I stripped down the gun last night and got her ready to rock! I have to wait till next weekend to shoot it as where I shoot is also where I am muzzleloading deer hunting next week and want to leave the area alone. It feels great in my hand and it will fill the gap in between my LCP and XD9 nicely.

Now I just have to decide on which IWB holster to go with. I am driving myself crazy looking at all the options out there.
    Yeah, got mine in a fluke, have been looking for 6 months, walked into this hole in the wall in Indy, only four people aloud in store at once, literally 20x20 place, I noticed they had a .40 shield, couldn't believe it. I held it, but left. There were 6 guys in line, lady said, we just got this today, can't believe we have it, she said it would be gone that day. I came back a half hour later, a guy had it was deciding between it and another gun, he wanted something bigger, he said it was all mine, paid 395$, new.
    Since then I am noticing they ate hard to find, so excited I found it. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by 03mossy View Post
    Got the email yesterday my holster is on its way!!! I am up to about 400 rounds through it now and still very much in the honeymoon phase!! What a fun gun to shoot! The grip was a bit slick for my liking so I added a set of Talons and it fixed that problem quickly.
    Please update us on how you like it! I'm trying to find an IWB holster that doesn't add width and is adjustable for both ride height and cant...... Basically, I want it all! Don't know if I'll find it..... but I'm looking!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links