Picked up my shield!

This is a discussion on Picked up my shield! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The day the shields were announced I called my favorite gun shop and asked him to put me first on the list for the first ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Picked up my shield!

Thumbs up Picked up my shield!

The day the shields were announced I called my favorite gun shop and asked him to put me first on the list for the first 9 that came in. Well they got 3 of them in and true to his word he held one back for me and sold the other 2 online for way more than what I paid. Its why I do business with small shops that know your name, even if it costs me a few more bucks on somethings. He could have not said anything to me and just sold mine online also and made more money.

Anyway I stripped down the gun last night and got her ready to rock! I have to wait till next weekend to shoot it as where I shoot is also where I am muzzleloading deer hunting next week and want to leave the area alone. It feels great in my hand and it will fill the gap in between my LCP and XD9 nicely.

Now I just have to decide on which IWB holster to go with. I am driving myself crazy looking at all the options out there.

2. Remove Ads

Congratulations! Hope you enjoy it. Let us know how you like at and don't be stingy with the pictures.

I am still waiting on mine.

Here's something for both of you then, my obligatory "post this to every M&P shield thread" picture.

M&P Shield 9mm and a Hidden Hybrid Holster IWB/OWB
    Attached Images
    Duality likes this.

Congrats on the pickup. I'm keeping my eye open for one if I don't end up liking the Nano I ordered earlier this week.

Congrats! You're going to enjoy that pistol.

Too bad you had to wait so long for it. I lucked out & found one the week they were released (April?). The honeymoon is still going strong!

Regards,
    Jim

Congrats!

I'm gellin' man. I'm on two waiting lists. Can't wait for that phone call. How does the trigger feel?

Quote Originally Posted by 03mossy View Post
    ...Now I just have to decide on which IWB holster to go with. I am driving myself crazy looking at all the options out there.
    Congrats! I suggest you get a Remora for now and then take your time choosing; they work well for IWB and they don't cost much. Happy shooting!

Congrats on the new pistol. We will be awaiting a range report and pics. Im still trying to decide on one as I have the m&p9c right now. And every time I take it out to the range it gets better and better. And its not much bigger and holds more rounds. I just cant bring myself to spend the $$$$ on one.

I must be the only person who doesn't care for Remora holsters. I have been waiting almost five months for my Shield. I will probably get a Nate Squared tactical holster for mine if it ever comes in.

Enjoy you have chosen well

Ive had my Shield 40 for about a month now and I love it. I picked up an IWB holster from Whitehatholsters.com and I love it. Its a crossbreed type holster so it has a leather backing and a kydex mold for retention. Its super comfortable and they offer a lot of options too (cow/horsehide leather, combat or regular cut, and you can get several colors for the leather, and the have a ton of kydex options, and will even do one they don't have if you ask.). Best part was, for a custom holster, it only took about 2 weeks for me to get it in. Its worth your time to go check out their website.

Quote Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
    Ive had my Shield 40 for about a month now and I love it. I picked up an IWB holster from Whitehatholsters.com and I love it. Its a crossbreed type holster so it has a leather backing and a kydex mold for retention. Its super comfortable and they offer a lot of options too (cow/horsehide leather, combat or regular cut, and you can get several colors for the leather, and the have a ton of kydex options, and will even do one they don't have if you ask.). Best part was, for a custom holster, it only took about 2 weeks for me to get it in. Its worth your time to go check out their website.
    I have the Shield 9 and the same White Hat Holster. It pulls up tight against my body and conceals well with a Belt Man belt. The Shield 9 is a great gun!

Quote Originally Posted by Spovik View Post
    Here's something for both of you then, my obligatory "post this to every M&P shield thread" picture.

M&P Shield 9mm and a Hidden Hybrid Holster IWB/OWB
    I have that same holster for my Shield. Very comfortable and well made!

Congrats! Let us know how you like it.

I was hoping this wasn't about a CC badge.

Congrats... let us know what your experiences are with it.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links