New carry setup

This is a discussion on New carry setup within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've never carried a backup...normally just my 642. Last night I added my P3at for a trip into the city. I like snubbies because I ...

Thread: New carry setup

New carry setup

I've never carried a backup...normally just my 642. Last night I added my P3at for a trip into the city. I like snubbies because I believe that in an altercation getting the first shot/hit is all important and I feel more confident of being able to accomplish that with the revolver. Having another 6 rounds in a LW autoloader compensates for only having 5 in the wheelgun and would be much faster than a reload. The extra 9 oz or so was barely noticeable in the LH inside pocket of a sportcoat with the 642 in the RH outside pocket. I think this may be the ideal setup for my civilian CC--reversing the familiar LEO practice of the auto as primary and revolver as backup.

2. Remove Ads

New carry setup

My exact EDC. My 642 iwb at 3:30 right side, my P3AT either in R front pocket in soft Uncle Mikes pocket holster or in R back pocket in my own made leather wallet style pocket holster. Now if I could just get away from putting both a speed strip for the wheel gun and an extra clip for the auto in my L front pocket..... Lol

Similar here - LCR + LCP during the work week.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Links