Talk me out of it!

Talk me out of it!

This is a discussion on Talk me out of it! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Long story...a little less long: I carried a Star BM 9mm, all steel weighed as much as a alloy/steel .45 so back in 2000 I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Talk me out of it!

Talk me out of it!

Long story...a little less long:

I carried a Star BM 9mm, all steel weighed as much as a alloy/steel .45 so back in 2000 I purchased a Taurus PT111 to lighten the load. At the same time I purchased a S&W 442 for the (now ex) wife. It was a great little "throw in the pocket & go" gun but it went with my ex in the divorce. I ended up getting it back last year due to the ex ending up with a felon as a bf and me having to recover it from the local LEOs but my daughter wanted it so I gave it to her.

Now that I'm finally getting my CHL here in OR I'm missing a nice little pocket carry piece. So I've been doing my research and comparing the 442/642 and LCR and I'd pretty much decided on the LCR but then I stumbled across the NAA Guardian in .32NAA. There's been a few threads on here about it but they're all pretty old...like 3 years. The ammo is still somewhat limited but Hornady just announced that they're coming out with a Critical Defense round in .32NAA and many of the online stores stock the Cor Bon stuff (of course my LGS doesn't).

I don't know why but that little bottle neck round just trips my trigger!

I know that there's nothing wrong with the LCR especially with some good quality +p SD ammo but the thought of that .32 bullet screaming out at 1000+ fps just warms the cockles of my heart and my LGS actually has a Guardian in .32NAA for less than the LCR. So someone talk me out of another auto!

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Temptation sucks, in the end you gotta get what you like, I personally wouldn't get any of those. I had a 642 and realized I'm just not a fan, though a lot of people love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    Temptation sucks, in the end you gotta get what you like, I personally wouldn't get any of those. ...
    ^^^What he said^^^
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    Temptation sucks, in the end you gotta get what you like, I personally wouldn't get any of those. I had a 642 and realized I'm just not a fan, though a lot of people love them.
    Well as soon as I've been able to put some more range time on my Sig RCS .45 it's going to be my primary carry weapon but there are times when I just have to jump in the car and go somewhere and it's nice to throw a piece in your pocket and go. Better than a fistful of air anyway.

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Just say "NO". and spend the money you save on you're wife's Christmas Present. You'll feel better about it Christmas morning.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Get whatever you want. It's your gun.
    multistage likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Sorry my friend I just can't. From one gun enthusiast to another. Buy whatever trips your trigger and then, buy some more.. Now go get that thing before someone else beats you to it..
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    LCR all the way..not much stopping power in a .32 no matter how fast it goes.

Ammo will be a nightmare as well.

Look at the Ruger LCP if you Really want a automatic with some decent stopping power in a common caliber..

I had my fling with .380s and .38 Specials over the past 5 years or so.

These days I want to consolidate calibers and the 9mm, .357 Magnum and .357 SIG are ideal for my needs.

The .32 NAA never came across my mind.

Did you check out anything in .327?
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

I'd suggest you shoot an HK P2000 SK and a Walther PPS before you make a final decision.

Both are accurate, super reliable and don't have to go back to the factory for basic repairs.

Do they cost more? Yes.

Are they worth it? Yes.
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less".
    General Robert E. Lee

GH
    Anybody who wants to by a handgun has a dilemma. There are so many to choose from that it boggles the mind. The reason some have so many guns is as soon as they buy a gun they want another one in a different style, different size or different caliber. Fortunately I don't have that problem. I can only afford what I presently have. Dang!
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    Did you check out anything in .327?
    Nope, hadn't even heard about that until I was browsing last night.

Re: Talk me out of it!

I have more problems with the shops being sold out of. 32 lately. Not that they don't carry it. Apparently someone around here uses alot of it or is hoarding. Either case there is demand.

George
    Smile. It makes people wonder what you are up to

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    The .327 Magnum and .32 H&R is interesting..

I gave a friend a box of this, he loves his Ruger even more!

No man.......... Your instincts were right on target with the Ruger LCR. Do some research on the internet vis a vis the 38+p 135gr Gold Dot Short Barrel ammunition. It's VERY effective and is chosen by many law enforcement agencies for their bugs. Much better than a 32acp. .....And we haven't even discussed the shootability and reliability of the two firearms in question. I'd take a pocket revolver over a small pocket auto anyday. Get the LCR..... It has the sweetest trigger of any double action revolver I've ever shot and it's very light at 13.5oz.
    Billb1960 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links