Hk p2000sk

This is a discussion on Hk p2000sk within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone know how to lighten the trigger pull on the DA/SA P2000 SK? If this is possible, will it affect the trigger pull if ...

Thread: Hk p2000sk

Hk p2000sk

Does anyone know how to lighten the trigger pull on the DA/SA P2000 SK? If this is possible, will it affect the trigger pull if the SA mode? Thx
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    --Richard Henry Lee, 1788

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    The only person I've heard of is: Bill Springfield - www.TriggerWork.net

Bill Springfield of Triggerwork.net. He has been written up on several website as a good triggersmith.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you use him as I'm think of doing my P30 V3 DA/SA.

I did my P2000SKs myself and went from a V2 to a V1 LEM. Makes all the difference in my shooting accuracy!

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

JD
    Administrator
    Bill Springfield has had some sketchy results of late, not sure if I'd go that route.

Gray Guns Inc. does HK trigger work. Costs more, but you're getting more.

Heckler & Koch Pistols : Grayguns by Bruce Gray

Quote Originally Posted by onacoma View Post
    The only person I've heard of is: Bill Springfield - www.TriggerWork.net

Bill Springfield of Triggerwork.net. He has been written up on several website as a good triggersmith.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you use him as I'm think of doing my P30 V3 DA/SA.

I did my P2000SKs myself and went from a V2 to a V1 LEM. Makes all the difference in my shooting accuracy!
    What parts did you replace and where did you go to get them?
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Bill Springfield has had some sketchy results of late, not sure if I'd go that route.

Gray Guns Inc. does HK trigger work. Costs more, but you're getting more.

Heckler & Koch Pistols : Grayguns by Bruce Gray
    I'm not sure if what I want is available without buying new gun. I think I want to convert from my V3 to a V1.....

Hk p2000sk

Unless its LEM you can't just replace a couple springs to lighten the pull on the da/sa variant. Grey guns or Bill Springfield do some polishing and other stuff to make it smoother but I'm not sure if it actually lightens it, their website will explain it exactly. It's worth asking the guys on HKPro for further info. I carry the LEM light variant. It's pretty awesome. Both my USPc and P30 were da/sa

Here is a good guide if you want to convert to LEM which I would highly recommend. http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-refere...v1-v2-lem.html

Quote Originally Posted by 12 gauge View Post
    Does anyone know how to lighten the trigger pull on the DA/SA P2000 SK? If this is possible, will it affect the trigger pull if the SA mode? Thx
    Give H&K tech support a call. They should be able to set you up with the right parts kit for the trigger lightening. Did this myself (called them), on my own P2000SK, though I can't recall now whether it affected only DA but not SA. I'm assuming it would alter the pull weight of both, but I'm not certain. H&K will know.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 12 gauge View Post
    What parts did you replace and where did you go to get them?
    I got the parts from HKParts.net. The switch from V2 to V1 required 2 springs. One takes only 10 minutes and the other can seem like a life time.

If you go to: HKPRO Forums

They have a thread which outlines the conversion.

Here is another article: HK P30 Enhancements | Modern Service Weapons

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

The std HK spring weight for the DA/SA is 14# so for my P2000sk I went with the suggestion to buy the 10#hammer spring from Wolff. Actually bought the 10# and 12# and am using the 10#. The Wolff 10#hammer spring reduced the DA pull to 9.5# and SA to 4.14, very significant improvement. Order the spring for the HK USP and cut/match the length to your P2000sk hammer spring. There are quite a few posts on HK Pro about this, the two links below are recent.

P2000sk Hammer Spring and a Lighter DA Trigger

UPDATE: Installed 10# Wolff Hammer Spring / P2000sk

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    HKdog, did that change in hammer spring power adversely effect the reliability? No lightstrikes?

No light strikes. Search HK Pro for hammer spring info, there's quite a few HK shooters that have changed to the 10# HS with good results. From what I've read, Gray Guns installs the 12# HS along with several other mods when they do a trigger job.

Links