Sig m11-a1

This is a discussion on Sig m11-a1 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I would like to get one of those some time next year when I have some money....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Sig m11-a1

VIP Member
    I would like to get one of those some time next year when I have some money.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

2. Remove Ads

I don't know much about it but that is one of the best looking pistols I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    SIGs are great guns...but I think they are marked up way too high.

That said, if the market supports that price, then I guess it's priced accordingly.

I know I wouldn't pay that much...a used gun shoots just as well...
    You know......................I hear this comment all the time regarding Sigs......"they are marked up too high...."

I really don't understand this comment or the rationale. If you want to acquire a moderately priced new 1911 it will cost you $1,000-$1,200. And.....this pistol may not reliable. You don't hear folks saying Springfield or Colt 1911's are overpriced. Sure Sigs cost more than polymer pistols, but in my experience they are as reliable as Glocks....but more inherently accurate. To me, a Sig costing $900 is not overpriced. Again.....in my humble opinion.

I'd like one of those. I have several SIGs, and paid around 900 for each of them. You did well, and that gun will be a honey. If I didn't have a 229 Elite 9mm, I'd probably have ordered an M-11 by now. Still might.
    Eric357 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post
    I'd like one of those. I have several SIGs, and paid around 900 for each of them. You did well, and that gun will be a honey. If I didn't have a 229 Elite 9mm, I'd probably have ordered an M-11 by now. Still might.
    Thanks...... it just feels right in your hand when you pick it up
    fail_187 likes this.
    My EDC G27 gen. 4
    Favorite range gun G23 gen. 3

NRA Life Member

In case anyone hasn't figured this out yet, this gun is a current generation P229 in 9mm, without a rail, with the short reset trigger and phosphated internals. They basically gave the P229 the Mk25 treatment.

AFAIK, There is no military organization the currently using this particular gun. I would not consider it to be particularly collectable. However there's no reason to believe this would not be a good, reliable, accurate shooter/carry gun.

Nice gun but I don't know if it's $300 nicer than a CZ P-01, with the exception of the DA pull.
    "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." ~ P. J. O'Rourke

Quote Originally Posted by HardBall View Post
    Thanks...... it just feels right in your hand when you pick it up
    And that is how every purchase should feel. What feels RIGHT in YOUR hand! Beautiful pistol!
    Look forward to range reports!
    Eric357 and glockcoma like this.

This is a great gun, I own it and it is a blast to shoot. I could care less about what anyone has to say about the price or what it is exactly. If it feels right you, you will not be disappointed with this pistol. We each have things in life that price doesn't really matter to on and if $300 is going to ruin my day I better find another career. A Ferrari isn't really worth it compared to say a Lotus Esprit when the price of one full service on the Ferrari could buy you the Lotus but who really cares if the Ferrari matters to YOU and you can afford it.
    Eric357 likes this.

I have to be agree. The m11a1 is an excellent weapon. I have run several hundred rounds through it and it is a tack driver. It is my second Sig. I own a Sig 226 s well.
    Drgnfly likes this.

My favorite Sig. I carry a P229 but if that was on the shelf when I went to buy it would have come home with me. Getting a 938 then that one. Awesome buy, enjoy it. Worth every penny you paid for it.
    Primary CC - Sig P938
    USMC Veteran 87-93

VIP Member
    Its on the Cover of the American Rifleman this month!
    I have had mine to range several times now. It shoots great. The brass gets sent forward and since I save my brass and there was snow on the ground I lost some brass forward of the firing line. I picked up the Sig 220 SAS ( 45ACP ) it is the same size only 45 acp and smaller capacity. But the holsters are the same! So it makes a nice set.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Distinguished Member Array Eric357's Avatar
    Very nice looking gun. As far as price goes , in the long run I dont think its going to make a big diffrence. I bought a new 229sas .40 a few weeks ago and I paid $900 for it. So dont beat yourself up over the price. If possible I'd rather have a new gun that I break in and scratch up then someone else does. But this is just me.
    glockcoma likes this.

I am a Sig guy!!! What was the post panic price?

Distinguished Member Array Eric357's Avatar
    Pat701 are you asking me about the 229 price or asking the Op abput price?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links