How can I convert a .40 S&W to 9mm?

This is a discussion on How can I convert a .40 S&W to 9mm? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I wish I could convert my M&P compact from .40 to .22. Now that would save some money when wanting to just shoot for fun....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: How can I convert a .40 S&W to 9mm?

I wish I could convert my M&P compact from .40 to .22. Now that would save some money when wanting to just shoot for fun.

2. Remove Ads

just buy a 9mm
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

i find this conversion very interesting. i've heard this could be done with Glocks, but its' success with M&P's is great. the breech face size is different, because of the difference in case diameter between the two calibers, so presumably, the 9mm cartridge is held in place by the extractor prior to entering the chamber

do those of you who use this conversion notice that your 9mm firing pin strikes are slightly off-center? or do you ever experience extraction failures?

Re: How can I convert a .40 S&W to 9mm?

I have a Sig P250 full size in 45acp. I was going to give myself a Christmas present of a 357Sig Xchange kit for it, but I also signed up for a class in January. The class will consume 1,000 rounds.
    So I am going to get the 9mm Xchange kit for it first and save on the ammo. Changing caliber takes less than a minute with the P250.

George
    Smile. It makes people wonder what you are up to

VIP Member
    I have done the similar thing with my G22 and a lone wolf barrel. Works like a champ with G17 mags. Sounds like your M&P will similarly convert. In the case of the Glock, the lone wolf has traditional rifling and it allows for lead rounds to be shot through it.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by aus71383 View Post
    You'll need new magazines as well. If you do the math you'll probably realize it isn't a good way to spend money - but if you want it, then it is...

Austin
    It's cheaper than going out and buying a M&P 9C, which is part of the reason for converting versus new purchase.
    guitarzNgunz likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links