Anyone here own Kahr PM45?

This is a discussion on Anyone here own Kahr PM45? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone here own/carry a Kahr PM45?...

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar

Anyone here own/carry a Kahr PM45?
    For God, Family and Country!

I had purchased a PM9 that was trouble free. I then decided I wanted a small 45 and I thought the PM 45 was perfect. I had major problems from the start, failure to feed, failure to extract, failed to strip the first round from the mag, constant jams. I did everything I could on my end but inevitably it went back to Kahr twice. After the second trip I still had some of the same issues, Kahr gave me a brand new gun which functioned perfectly. Both guns were prone to ejecting the spent cartridges back and hitting me in the head, I read on the Kahr forum that this was a condition others have experienced. I can tell you Kahrs CS was excellent to deal with. My opinion on the gun is that it is a 50/50 chance on whether you will get a good one or a problem child. I did like the gun a lot, it was light, accurate, easy to carry concealed, recoil was not to bad. In the end I did sell both my PM9 & PM45, I was just afraid of their long term durability.
    Now that Springfield Armory has come out with the XDs I would suggest a look at that gun. The XDs is comparable to the PM45, shooting both back to back was about the same but I believe the XDs has better quality. If I remember correctly the XDs is about $200- $250 cheaper than the Kahr. Hope this helps.

Links