Range report from "End of my Pretty guns=Glock"

This is a discussion on Range report from "End of my Pretty guns=Glock" within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Shot it today at the Niagara Gun Range. Pretty impressed. It's quite a round out of a little package and once I learned the trigger ...

Shot it today at the Niagara Gun Range. Pretty impressed. It's quite a round out of a little package and once I learned the trigger a bit, accuracy got pretty nice. I put 5 rounds of 180 and 50 rounds of 165 grain through it. I also have the pinky extension on one of the magazines and was trying to determine if it changed the point of aim. To the best that I can tell having only just shot this for the first time, the weight and the extension don't affect shot placement, careful trigger work matters. Fun gun, the 165 hurts the hand a bit more to shoot. As they range master said, it's a snappier round.
    End of my pretty guns=Glock...
    And to cap this story off, the 30-30 is dead on, my excitement in the woods seeing all those deer was the problem. I was keyholing shots with it using the bench and grouping 2-3 inches standing free.
    What do you Glock 27'ers carry? Thoughts?

Jim

I carry HST 180 gr. HP in 40 cal. I find the 180s actually feel milder in recoil than the 165 gr. ammo.

You made a great choice; congrats!

Lead Moderator
    When you say "key holing" do you mean the shots were touching, or close together? Key holing is typically describing bullets tumbling sideways through the target.
    Anyway glad you like your Glock .

Thanks for the update. Glad it's working for you. I keep mine stocked with Gold Dot 180gr short barrel loads, and sometimes with 180gr HST's.

I like the Win. 180 gr. PDX1 in my G27.
    Jim
    NRA Life Member since '69

Links