Auromag II New Version (Or THE Old One): Anyone Shoot or Know of This?

This is a discussion on Auromag II New Version (Or THE Old One): Anyone Shoot or Know of This? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Any reports on the new Automag II, think put out by High Standard. My hands are bad, and I thought it might be a good ...

Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 10thmtn

Thread: Auromag II New Version (Or THE Old One): Anyone Shoot or Know of This?

  1. #1
    Ex Member Array detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    buffalo NY
    Posts
    952

    Auromag II New Version (Or THE Old One): Anyone Shoot or Know of This?

    Any reports on the new Automag II, think put out by High Standard. My hands are bad, and I thought it might be a good range gun, pr p/t CCW
    (I still Carry the guns I always have with some modification, figure in life or death crisis you likely would not even be aware of hand pain.)

    Anyway, any feedback, especially the new Automag II?

    Thanks

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #2
    VIP Member Array dukalmighty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    15,177
    If your talking about the 44 mag automag fergit it,I have a friend has one and I have a weak right hand from spinal cord injury,I can manipulate the slide on my 1911's and even have a grizzly in 44 mag,I couldn't hardly get the slide to move on that thing,had to have my friend manipulate it
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

  4. #3
    Ex Member Array detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    buffalo NY
    Posts
    952
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    If your talking about the 44 mag automag fergit it,I have a friend has one and I have a weak right hand from spinal cord injury,I can manipulate the slide on my 1911's and even have a grizzly in 44 mag,I couldn't hardly get the slide to move on that thing,had to have my friend manipulate it
    No it's 22 mag or 22 wmr which I guess is the same.

  5. #4
    VIP Member Array SmokinFool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,297
    I assume it's a well made pistol, being a High Standard.

    On a little bit of a tangent, I had a quick consultation with the Great Google and read the wikipedia write up on the Automag. I didn't know that AMT had been "sued out of existence" in 1999.

  6. #5
    VIP Member Array 10thmtn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,884
    OP - I remember reading a review of the KT PMR30 in American Rifleman a while back. Seems there was a very specific way you needed to load the magazines in order to avoid rim lock. As I have posted in your similar threads before, if you are considering a rimfire cartridge for defense, then you should strongly consider a revolver. Eliminates the potential issues with rim lock and ignition/feeding. I would never consider a semi-auto rimfire for serious use.
    Kilowatt3 likes this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

  7. #6
    Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    1,322
    Here is a link to the 22 WMR AutoMag: Model AMT-226

    It list for more than the 5.7mm and is heavier than the 5.7mm. All metal and SS. Even with a two hand grip, it is going to wear on your hands!


    In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

    If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

  8. #7
    Member Array Gunsmoke16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    315
    If you like just having the .22 WRM, you might look at the Kel-Tec PRM30. The Automag weight is 32oz...2lbs...probably unloaded. That's TOO HEAVY. Check out the PRM30 and it's 13.6oz- that's 3oz UNDER 1lb. At least Kel-Tec's pretty much have a lifetime warranty...will the Automag be around in a few years? Kel Tec CNC

  9. #8
    Ex Member Array detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    buffalo NY
    Posts
    952
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    OP - I remember reading a review of the KT PMR30 in American Rifleman a while back. Seems there was a very specific way you needed to load the magazines in order to avoid rim lock. As I have posted in your similar threads before, if you are considering a rimfire cartridge for defense, then you should strongly consider a revolver. Eliminates the potential issues with rim lock and ignition/feeding. I would never consider a semi-auto rimfire for serious use.
    Thank You. I think S&W has a good one out now, 8 shots I think.

  10. #9
    Ex Member Array detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    buffalo NY
    Posts
    952
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunsmoke16 View Post
    If you like just having the .22 WRM, you might look at the Kel-Tec PRM30. The Automag weight is 32oz...2lbs...probably unloaded. That's TOO HEAVY. Check out the PRM30 and it's 13.6oz- that's 3oz UNDER 1lb. At least Kel-Tec's pretty much have a lifetime warranty...will the Automag be around in a few years? Kel Tec CNC
    Can't have but 10 round mags where I am and I called Kel-Tec, they have nothing but the standard mags. Too bad.

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

amt 226

,

amt automag ii

,
amt automag ii magazine
,
amt automag ii problems
,

amt-226

,

hi-standard model amt 226

,

high standard amt automag ii

,

high standard amt-226

,

high standard amt-226 for sale

,

high standard automag ii

,

model amt-226

,

model amt-226 for sale

Click on a term to search for related topics.