Assault Weapon as a description

This is a discussion on Assault Weapon as a description within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; "Assault magazine"... You can skip ahead to 0:54, but why??? Just watch the whole thing!...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Assault Weapon as a description

"Assault magazine"...

You can skip ahead to 0:54, but why???

Just watch the whole thing!

"Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper58 View Post
    To the anti's on the Left the definition is simple: anything with a trigger and a projectile.
    The same for the anti's on the right like Mitt Romney, George W. Bush, and the late Ronald "I hate America and Freedom" Reagan. Antis are the same on both sides. Don't forget that it was Reagan and Bush Sr. who signed some major gun control laws just as Clinton did. And Mitt Romney hates the 2nd Amendment as well, I remember his statements about guns in Massachusetts.

Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    The same for the anti's on the right like Mitt Romney, George W. Bush, and the late Ronald "I hate America and Freedom" Reagan. Antis are the same on both sides. Don't forget that it was Reagan and Bush Sr. who signed some major gun control laws just as Clinton did. And Mitt Romney hates the 2nd Amendment as well, I remember his statements about guns in Massachusetts.
    He really screwed us, if the dems had run Ron Paule or Huntsmen I may have voted republican.

It would be a good idea to steer the thread back to describing assault rifles and away from describing politics.

The Indians at Wounded Knee in late December of 1890 would have described the single shot Trapdoor Springfield .45-70 as an "assault rifle" as it most assuredly served the purpose.

Truly the term "assault rifle" is senseless and should be consigned to the ash heap of silly propaganda terminology.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Chuck Woolery on assault weapons:

Chuck Woolery on Assault Weapons - YouTube

Many of the newsies are unable to think for themselves and unwilling to correct their supervisors. In many cases locally, and I suspect on a wider scale as well, the news readers (not reporters) are simply reading from the law enforcement press release. Most police Public Information Officers get their marching orders from the politically appointed and "politically correct" department administrators. The department heads answer to the politicians who appoint them and hold their jobs by the short-hairs, so they don't want to buck the system either. Police chiefs, especially those in large cities, have spent decades polishing their seats behind a desk and haven't spent any time on the streets for those years. The only exception to PC predominance are sheriffs, who are elected by the people, but even some sheriffs are suspect.

On three cases, I have been able to get local TV news shows to change their stories. After giving them my background information, I email or call the news directors and educate them on the differences between modern sporting rifles and assault rifles. Sadly, too many of them will not make the changes, but in almost all cases they are reporting what the police tell them to report.

One of the best ways to change the culture and make social changes is to control the language. Take the hapless SUV for example. (A favorite of Rush Limbaugh.) Any environmentally correct and indoctrinated modern person knows that SUVs are bad. They are evil machines who have minds of their own and are out to destroy mankind. How many stories have you heard where it is reported that "the SUV drove off of the road and hit a pole." They go on to report that the poor person strapped and trapped in the driver's seat was a victim of the evil machine which tried to kill him. SUV has come to represent "assault" vehicles.

Read Orwell's "Nineteen Eighty Four." Newspeak is with us today, known better as "political correctness."
    Sui juris
    U.S. Navy Veteran '65-'69
    Retired Police Detective '71 - '01
    LEOSA Certified
    NRA Life Member / SAF Member
    U.S. Constitution (c) 1791, All Rights Reserved.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links