Trade in my PF9 for Kahr CM9?! - Page 2

Trade in my PF9 for Kahr CM9?!

This is a discussion on Trade in my PF9 for Kahr CM9?! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If the PF9 is your only carry gun, buy the other gun first. Make sure it's 100% then sell the PF9. You wont get much ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Trade in my PF9 for Kahr CM9?!

If the PF9 is your only carry gun, buy the other gun first. Make sure it's 100% then sell the PF9. You wont get much for the PF9 as a trade. Don't sacrifice a proven gun for an unproven one.
    Rollo, Fitch and Timetrialsc like this.
    Question Everything!

Do the trade. If you don't get the CM9 you will always be thinking about it. As mentioned above you can always go back if you change your mind.
    Timetrialsc likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GreyGhost View Post
    If the PF9 is your only carry gun, buy the other gun first. Make sure it's 100% then sell the PF9. You wont get much for the PF9 as a trade. Don't sacrifice a proven gun for an unproven one.
    What he said. If you trade the 100 percent reliable and proven PF9 for a CM9 and it turns out that that CM9 isn't 100 percent (and you only have one gun you can carry) you are going to be monumentally pissed.
    Fitch, Timetrialsc and nizachon like this.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

There is no functional reason (since it is 100% reliable) to trade it in for Kahr. The Kahr cannot be MORE reliable. And, the Kahr is about the same size, so they are both easily concealable.
    So, the only reason to trade is simply for desire.

I would keep the PF9.
    Timetrialsc likes this.
    Kimber Solo 9mm, Walther PPS 9mm
    Kel Tec PF9 9mm, Ruger LCR .38
    Maverick 88 Tactical 12 ga shotgun at bedside
    Lifetime NRA member

I had a PF9 that I had to get running 100%. KT sent me a new extractor claw and spring for I was having extraction problems. After that, 100%.

Now I believe two is one, one is none. So I went looking for a 2nd PF9. I came home instead with a Kahr CW9. I am glad I did. It is virtually the same size as the PF9 and weighs a few oz. more. And, IMO, is superior to the PF9 in every way.

As soon as I found a 2nd CW9, the PF9 was sold less than a week later. No regrets here whatsoever.
    Timetrialsc likes this.

Senior Member Array sonnycrocket's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by timetrialsc View Post
    i bought my very reliable kel tec pf9 a couple years ago when i was still was broke from school and my wifes bought with cancer. I really could only afford a 250.00 gun for cc. I now have more options. I have mixed feelings about getting rid of a weapon that has been 100% reliable. The khar cm9 is certainly a much better looking weapon. The berette nano also comes to mind. Am i going to regret giving up my pf9 just because i dont like the way it looks and the slide rattles? Thank you for your thoughts
    pf9 for a pm9.....
    Timetrialsc likes this.

I must be lucky with my Kel-Tec and my Kahr. I have a Kel-Tec P3AT bought in 04 w/ thousands of rounds through it, only a few FTE's when the thing was new and under a couple hundred rounds. My Kahr CM40 has a few hundred rounds through it, and one FTE. With the Kahr, I striped it, cleaned/lubed/greased it, check the mag spring, and see if the mag follower catches on the realease as recommended to do when new. I recommend you strip/clean/lube and check all new guns. I was good and it took 10 minutes.

When I was looking to get a small DAO .40 for EDC that fit my budget, I checked out and handled the S&W Shield .40, the Springfield XDSC .40, Kahr CM40 and the Glock 27, it was the Kahr that felt the best my hand, was also the smallest, thinnest and lightest .40. I did plenty of research, as I always do and spent 2 hours handling each weapon.
    Timetrialsc likes this.
    Always Carry, Never Tell. Stay Safe. EDC .40 S&W, BUG .380 ACP, HD .40 S&W , 5.56 and 12GA, Range Toys .357Mag , .22LR

I have Pm9 and it is very nice for me. So far no problem with 500 rounds on it.
    Vodek
    Timetrialsc likes this.

Thanks for all the posts. I think I will save a little more money so I can just outright purchase another weapon. It really makes no sense to trade in my current EDC gun for an unknown. I have been to several gun shops and I would get little for a scuffed up PF9. I may as well keep it. The owner of Southeastern Survival gun shop told me I should consider a Springfield XD subcompact or a Glock 26 in addition to my PF9. Larger and more capacity, he said a Kahr would fill the same role as my PF9. I may as well get something for a different role.
    12smile likes this.

Depends on what you want from the new gun.
    Always Carry, Never Tell. Stay Safe. EDC .40 S&W, BUG .380 ACP, HD .40 S&W , 5.56 and 12GA, Range Toys .357Mag , .22LR

Distinguished Member Array zamboni's Avatar
    I'm waiting.......and...........waiting and still................waiting

For a 9mm-Shield to become available at my LGS then it's; bye bye PF9
    12smile likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Timetrialsc View Post
    The owner of Southeastern Survival gun shop told me I should consider a Springfield XD subcompact or a Glock 26 in addition to my PF9. Larger and more capacity, he said a Kahr would fill the same role as my PF9. I may as well get something for a different role.
    Depends on how you carry the PF9 or will carry the CM9. W/ the right combination of pants/holsters, both these guns can be easily carried in the front pocket. OTOH, I think most folks will find it much harder to pocket carry a Springfield XD Subcompact or Glock M26.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    What he said. If you trade the 100 percent reliable and proven PF9 for a CM9 and it turns out that that CM9 isn't 100 percent (and you only have one gun you can carry) you are going to be monumentally pissed.
    I agree with the recommendation to buy the CM9 and then sell if you must after the new gun is proven. I own a CM9 and love it. I knew about the "issues" and break-in period and mine has been great. I wouldn't get rid of it even if I decide to move up later, but that's me and everyone's different. I have never shot a Kel Tec so can't really compare; I just know I love my Kahr. Good luck sir! Steve
    Timetrialsc likes this.

I carried the PF9 for couple of years. It was an easy carry and I liked the idea that it was 9mm vs 380. However, my glock 19 was my fun range gun. When I forced myself to shoot the PF9 to keep up my skills, it was a bit brutal at 13oz. I eventually sold it and bought a Kahr CW9. The Kahr was 6oz heavier, but not noticable and so much easier to shoot. Never looked back.

Mr Mac
    Timetrialsc and 12smile like this.

I just added to my collection P9 Kahr and... it shoots just great and no problems. Easy to clean and easy to shoot.
    Kahr are made for CCW

Vodek

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links