Cobra FS380 questions.

This is a discussion on Cobra FS380 questions. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know these get a bad wrap I have some questions though. I got to shoot one today that one of the guys at my ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dukalmighty

Thread: Cobra FS380 questions.

Cobra FS380 questions.

I know these get a bad wrap I have some questions though. I got to shoot one today that one of the guys at my buddy's have. It gets a bad wrap but it has no issues today whatsoever and he said it is somewhat reliable. It is his only handgun as the only one to shoot today he also has a shotgun not sure what brand we shot but that's besides the point. Does anyone here that has this firearm or kno someone that does and can you speak to the reliability. He also told me that it never has had any issues shooting fmj ammo with round tips but he has had some failures with HP ammo.

Edit: I'm not looking toget flamed for asking about a weapon most people wouldn't use but would like to learn something

2. Remove Ads

It gets a bad wrap but it has no issues today whatsoever and he said it is somewhat reliable.
    SOMEWHAT RELIABLE,you really want to trust your life to something that may not work when you really need it.If you want to buy one to shoot at the range that's one thing,trust my life to it...hell no
    oneshot likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Cobra FS380 questions.

I'm not saying I would trust my life by any means with anything I didn't thoroughly test and train with just looking for basic knowledge but I believe he was saying that the only reliability issues come with HP ammo but is a extremely reliable weapon with fmj ammo this is why I would like to war about more input with hear firearms just purely for knowledge it's hard to find reviews of them unlock the reviews you find for all the big name weapons

Ex Member
    With FMJ ammo I wouldn't worry at all. Sure the gun snobs will cry and moan, but you don't see Cobra's KABOOMing like Glocks do, or have feeding problems like 1911's have had for 100+ years. Buy what you can afford and don't let the jerks bother you.

VIP Member
    OK.

This isn't like buying a brand new Mercedes($28,000-120,000), or a used car @ $2-3,000.

We are talking about a $125 gun VS , say a $289 Ruger or Kel Tec .380.
    If you double your money + $30-80, you will get a better made, & in most cases more reliable firearm, with which you are betting your life.
    I would almost rather see you buy a used Taurus revolver for $200-400.
    This is America, where you have the choice to buy something of better quality, so why wouldn't you?
    It isn't like you are in a 3rd world country(yet) where beggars can't be choosers.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Ex Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    OK.

This isn't like buying a brand new Mercedes($28,000-120,000), or a used car @ $2-3,000.

We are talking about a $125 gun VS , say a $289 Ruger or Kel Tec .380.
    If you double your money + $30-80, you will get a better made, & in most cases more reliable firearm, with which you are betting your life.
    I would almost rather see you buy a used Taurus revolver for $200-400.
    This is America, where you have the choice to buy something of better quality, so why wouldn't you?
    It isn't like you are in a 3rd world country(yet) where beggars can't be choosers.

PSSSST! People that talk about reliability really shouldn't push Kel Tec. Does the box still read "Some assembly, and modification required?"

Cobra FS380 questions.

I understand just trying to get some knowledge trying to gauge if it would be a fun range gun

Quote Originally Posted by Diggy22 View Post
    I understand just trying to get some knowledge trying to gauge if it would be a fun range gun
    ANY gun has the potential to be a "fun range gun", as long as it won't blow up on you, and will fire most of the time.

CC and/or HD is a whole 'nother story!

Regards,
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Diggy22 View Post
    ...if it would be a fun range gun
    No, it wouldn't. And what kind of pistol is that in your avatar?
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1 old 0311 View Post
    PSSSST! People that talk about reliability really shouldn't push Kel Tec. Does the box still read "Some assembly, and modification required?"

I have a Kel Tec P11, bought in 2009, and it has fired a multitude of rounds FMJ & HP to the tune of 400-500 rounds and hasn't hicupped yet.
    It is a go to work, stay in the car and drive home pistol, then its one of the house guns.
    It serves its purpose.
    I would gladly pay double for it, than get a Cobra or Jiminez or the like.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

For the price, if the Cobra is junk, you can always trade or sell it without worrying about tying up a grand. Go for it. Get is in one of the crazy color options it is offered in. Type up a range report when you are done.
    "6 P's of self defense "
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Cobra FS380 questions.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    No, it wouldn't. And what kind of pistol is that in your avatar?
    It is the picture from google of a cobra handgun I just googled the picture

Links