238 or 938

This is a discussion on 238 or 938 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Used to have a 238. Had a single side safety. I liked it, but couldn't carry it southpaw with that safety. Traded it for something ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: 238 or 938

238 or 938

Used to have a 238. Had a single side safety. I liked it, but couldn't carry it southpaw with that safety. Traded it for something else. Always liked it for a pocket gun. Now I find out that they are available with ambi safeties. Also found that 938s come standard with ambi safeties. I would prefer a 9 over a 380 (as would most), but have heard the 938 can be a bit shaky. Santa is feeling generous, but needs to narrow it down. For those of you with 938s, let's have the upshot.

2. Remove Ads

From what I read on the internet, some folks had FTE issues with some early guns, but SIG seems to have taken care of them quickly. I picked one up that was shipped in September and so far, it's been flawless with a couple different loads, including cast lead. I've got around 500 thru mine so far. I was surprised at how soft the recoil was and how accurate it is. The SIG night sights are great. If you liked the 238 I can't see why the 938 wouldn't work for you.
    candalos likes this.

Why choose ?, keep both of them like me. I had original problems with my P238, polished the feed ramp and it eats everything I feed it now. I do like the slightly larger grip on the P938.

I choose because with a wife and two kids, Santa has other obligations.
    aus71383 and itschuck like this.

938. Dig it !
    NRA Life Member

I have two P938...both are awesome guns and both have been flawless. Definitely get the 7 round magazines because it makes the grip so much more comfortable.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

238 or 938

I've got them both and love them both. The 938 fits great in the Crossbreed MiniTuck I already had for the 238 too. I'll likely sell the 238 only because it has become a safe queen as I never carry it any more.

I will say that the 938 had a trigger so rough I almost sent it back after 20 rounds. I've since put 400 rounds through it with 0 malfunctions of any kind and the trigger is almost identical to the 238.

I sure wish Sig wasn't so stingy or pricey with their mags. I've spent 2/3s the cost of the gun just getting a half dozen of the 7 round mags.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Re: 238 or 938

the wife and i have one of each, I carry my 938 EDC ...

just put one of the Sig lasers on my wife's 238 ... she is great with iron sights, incredible with the laser. she prefers her 238 over her 938.

sent from ...

I have a 938 and love it.
    candalos likes this.

I've got the 938 Extreme. Only have 400 rounds through it but no issues so far. I'm a south paw too and chose the 938 because of that. Very manageable recoil.
    candalos likes this.
    Member: GeorgiaCarry.Org

Hubby has both, prefers the 938. Likes being able to carry a bigger round in his pocket. He's also a little more accurate with the 938.

I just picked up a 938 and have put 4-mags thru it w/o a problem. It's a keeper.

I have this newer model P938 Nitemare and it is an excellent little pocket gun. I has been 100% reliable for me and I wouldn't trade it. I prefer the 6-round mags as it keeps the grip short enough I can conceal it even better. I say go for it !

My wife recently got a 938 - although I seem to take it to the range more than her. I love shooting that gun.
    I've heard of various problems on forums, but we've now put about 350 rounds through it (mostly just cheap 115gr stuff) and have had 0 FTF/FTE. Great gun!

I own both...

Until I polished the feed ramp, my 938 wouldn’t feed any make of JHP. Never had a problem with any brand of FMJ.

Polished the feed ramp to a high gloss and have had not one problem with feeding JHP since. Never did have any failure to fire or any extraction failures.

To me, it is just enough wider than the 238 that I prefer to pocket carry the 238 over the 938. The 938 fits in all of my 238 holsters, so that is a plus.

Not one regret about buying either model.

Regards,

DC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links