It's like night and day...

This is a discussion on It's like night and day... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I carried my LCP last night after carrying my Glock 27 for the past month and what a difference! The LCP has been collecting dust ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Philly Boy

Thread: It's like night and day...

I carried my LCP last night after carrying my Glock 27 for the past month and what a difference! The LCP has been collecting dust since I picked up the Glock, but I forgot how comfortable the LCP was to carry. It can easily be compared to carrying a brick vs. a feather on your belt. If I keep carrying the LCP I'll be afraid it will become my EDC again. Is that a bad thing though?

This is eerie, Sioux565... I went from LCP to G27 and been trying various holsters, still tinkering and today as I wore my new Theis IWB to break it in, I thought "My LCP in my wallet holster in my back pocket is sooooo easy, so comfortable and perfect concealment... am I wasting my time trying to find a way to carry the G27 comfortably?"

I'm not ready to give up yet, I enjoy having the G27 on my person, but who knows, I may end up with the simple solution and have the comfy and easily concealed LCP as the winner.
    Raleigh... Where Barney comes to Party...

Glock 27 or M&P Shield for every day carry (LCP for deep conceal when necessary)... Glock 23 for the home.

Call me Iggy. Only my mother calls me by my full given name.

Eerie, very eerie. I ended up sticking with the Remora holster for IWB with my Glock. That is the same way I was carrying my LCP when I did IWB. Lately, I've just been carrying the Glock OWB, but even with a decent belt it tugs on my belt and pants.

What wallet holster do you use?

If Ruger made an LC40, that would be a dream come true!

it's lighter, smaller, and thinner. of course the LCP is going to be easier and more comfortable to carry. there are other factors to the equation however.

I love carrying my LCP. But for me, the trade off of a little bulk and weight for a more capable weapon is worth it so I normally go out with a G26 or 27 in a Theis. I hardly notice it anymore. The nice thing about the LCP is that it's so small and light that its often along for the ride as well in a front pocket as a backup.

Quote Originally Posted by sioux565 View Post
    Eerie, very eerie. I ended up sticking with the Remora holster for IWB with my Glock. That is the same way I was carrying my LCP when I did IWB. Lately, I've just been carrying the Glock OWB, but even with a decent belt it tugs on my belt and pants.

What wallet holster do you use?
    I'm imagining that once I get my FIST #10 that should be here very soon, I'll end up carrying the G27 only OWB and when not feasible due to clothing or whatever I'll just go with the LCP. Very happy with the Uncle George. Holster Photo Gallery

But as I said, I'm still toying with the IWB options. The Theis isn't bad after only 1 day and once the leather breaks in I may be just fine.
    Raleigh... Where Barney comes to Party...

Glock 27 or M&P Shield for every day carry (LCP for deep conceal when necessary)... Glock 23 for the home.

Call me Iggy. Only my mother calls me by my full given name.

I have a few guns for different carry missions. Such as ultra deep concealment I tote my p-32 or sometimes my thunder 380. Would it be a bad thing carrying your lcp. I dont think so. At least your abiding by the first rule of gunfighting youll have a gun with you. Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Carry both. Problem solved!
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

The LCP certainly is no Glock. But it's hard to notice it's even there, that's for sure.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

For pocket carry I have two great holsters from MIKA'S HOLSTERS. He's an ex LEO and does great work for little money. Both my Tomcat and my Sig 238 are easily carried this way.
    sioux565 and bmcgilvray like this.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Sponsored Links