Quality semi auto on a small budget, advice wanted. - Page 4

Quality semi auto on a small budget, advice wanted.

This is a discussion on Quality semi auto on a small budget, advice wanted. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The only 1911 I have shot or spent a lot of time with rather is my cousin's Springfield 1911 full size in 45acp. Nice gun ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Quality semi auto on a small budget, advice wanted.

The only 1911 I have shot or spent a lot of time with rather is my cousin's Springfield 1911 full size in 45acp. Nice gun but way too large for concealed EDC and I was not 100% comfy with that gun with its 18lb spring. I love the revolver idea but I have two concerns, capacity, and the learning curve to shoot a snubby well over a semi auto. I really do like the revolver idea, but it seems that a semi auto offers a better value overall when you look at capacity and purchase price. Am I thinking about this wrong? :)

Bersa. Check out Gunbroker, Thunder 9 ultra compacts, BP9cc, etc. Great reliable guns.
    zonker1986 likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

VIP Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    $500 for the gun gets you plenty of decent choices, but a good holster is at least $40 and probably closer to $60. I would recommend a Crossbreed Supertuck, as they are comfortable, readily available for most guns, and, perhaps most importantly, work OK with a regular sturdy belt as opposed to a gunbelt, which could save you (for now, since you'll eventually want one) the $30-$60 that a good gunbelt will cost.

Gun-wise, Bersa makes a fine gun in the $300-$400 range. The BP9CC is a great carry gun. Sig SP2022s, P250s, and P290s can all be found for $399-$450. A used Glock, Springfield Armory XD, or S&W M&P is not out of the question. The Beretta Nano as previously mentioned. A Kahr CW9 or CM9 would fit. At that price point, you're going to have to consider used and will definitely need to shop around.
    Note to self: The only way to win is not to play.

Quote Originally Posted by grnwdjsn View Post
    I like the Taurus line for cost effective quality, they are not the Taurus of old. The Millennium Pro and the 24/7 are great guns to be had for around $350 or less.
    This

I got lucky and met a policeman who took time to talk with me about self defense, getting my CHP, and even showed me one of his preferred handguns. It was a Springfield XDM. That was a very nice gun, felt great in my hand, and had a nice smooth trigger on it. I would love to shoot one.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links