Quality semi auto on a small budget, advice wanted.

This is a discussion on Quality semi auto on a small budget, advice wanted. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The only 1911 I have shot or spent a lot of time with rather is my cousin's Springfield 1911 full size in 45acp. Nice gun ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Quality semi auto on a small budget, advice wanted.

The only 1911 I have shot or spent a lot of time with rather is my cousin's Springfield 1911 full size in 45acp. Nice gun but way too large for concealed EDC and I was not 100% comfy with that gun with its 18lb spring. I love the revolver idea but I have two concerns, capacity, and the learning curve to shoot a snubby well over a semi auto. I really do like the revolver idea, but it seems that a semi auto offers a better value overall when you look at capacity and purchase price. Am I thinking about this wrong? :)

2. Remove Ads

Bersa. Check out Gunbroker, Thunder 9 ultra compacts, BP9cc, etc. Great reliable guns.
    zonker1986 likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    $500 for the gun gets you plenty of decent choices, but a good holster is at least $40 and probably closer to $60. I would recommend a Crossbreed Supertuck, as they are comfortable, readily available for most guns, and, perhaps most importantly, work OK with a regular sturdy belt as opposed to a gunbelt, which could save you (for now, since you'll eventually want one) the $30-$60 that a good gunbelt will cost.

Gun-wise, Bersa makes a fine gun in the $300-$400 range. The BP9CC is a great carry gun. Sig SP2022s, P250s, and P290s can all be found for $399-$450. A used Glock, Springfield Armory XD, or S&W M&P is not out of the question. The Beretta Nano as previously mentioned. A Kahr CW9 or CM9 would fit. At that price point, you're going to have to consider used and will definitely need to shop around.
    Hakkaa päälle!

Quote Originally Posted by grnwdjsn View Post
    I like the Taurus line for cost effective quality, they are not the Taurus of old. The Millennium Pro and the 24/7 are great guns to be had for around $350 or less.
    This

I got lucky and met a policeman who took time to talk with me about self defense, getting my CHP, and even showed me one of his preferred handguns. It was a Springfield XDM. That was a very nice gun, felt great in my hand, and had a nice smooth trigger on it. I would love to shoot one.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links