"High End" Lubricants for your Carry Gun?

This is a discussion on "High End" Lubricants for your Carry Gun? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been using Militec-1 on most everything. Shot in the barrel on my 700 with it and it's amazing how little fouling build up I ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: "High End" Lubricants for your Carry Gun?

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar
    I've been using Militec-1 on most everything. Shot in the barrel on my 700 with it and it's amazing how little fouling build up I see. The ARs and 10/22s will run hundreds of rounds without any additional lube. The auto-loading pistols get a touch of high temp synthetic grease on the slide contact points.
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by ANGLICO View Post
    Apologies in advance. I did read all the previous posts before this....

Am I the only Marine to point out that the appropriate lube for my 'gun' is KY, but I use high end Hopps and other lubes for my 'weapons'?

Afterall, "This is my rifle, this is my gun....."

Mods - I resisted the urge to post the Youtube video (because of the crotch grabbing when they sound off). Don't want the points.

But for all you who do not get this.... Google or Yahoo Youtube... full metal jacket this is my rifle this is my gun
    If you Marines would learn to read and use a dictionary you'd see:

1 Gun:

a: a piece of ordnance usually with high muzzle velocity and comparatively flat trajectory

b: a portable firearm (as a rifle or handgun)

c: a device that throws a projectile

Okay, time for this old Airman to duck and cover.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Sponsor
    I took a look at this page GrantCunningham.com - Library suggest by marcclarke , His reasoning made some pretty good sense so I figured I'd give it a shot. I looked for places to buy his two suggested lubricants, they were hard to find in small quantities, so I ended up getting a kit from lubrikit.com.

Clay

Quote Originally Posted by Springer99 View Post
    The list of lubes that DON'T work would be a lot shorter than the list of those that do. Personally, I've grown accustomed to use just Hornady One-Shot lube on all my semi-auto's, especially on those that I carry often. I got tired of trying to keep shirt fuzz and/or pocket lint from collecting on oiled or greased surfaces. Dry lubes solved that problem and the gun seems to run cleaner for longer when I do take it out to the ranges.
    This one?

Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16
    Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield
    Mossberg 500B - Marlin 336Y

Ive used slip 2000 with pretty good results.

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    i use Fireclean. Fireclean has one ofthe highest smoke points of any lubricant ive seen . it bonds to metal and actually repels carbon. its amazing on an AR.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Slide Glide on all of mine. It stays put after you heat up the barrel and slide when firing 200-250 rounds in just a few minutes. It does not attract dust or flying matter. Of course shooting clean ammo with any lube helps.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder, I smell Victory in the Morning!

Quote Originally Posted by SHTFGearLLC View Post
    I'm considering testing out some of the higher end lubricants, Like Slip 2000, militec, etc. Anyone have any experience with these types of lubricants? (hoping to find a good one to use on all of my firearms)

Thanks,
    Clay
    I've used Slip EWL, Militec 1 and Tetra Grease extensively and a small sample of Froglube. I can say, without any doubt, that Slip EWL is one of the most effective lubes I've used. It lasts a very long time compared to many others that would have disappeared much, much sooner. I use it on everything from my AR's to Glocks and 1911's.

The best stuff out there, in my opinion. It does an excellent job and separating the dirt and grit from the metal. I shoot a lot of ammo during training, with infrequent cleanings, in dirty, wet and dusty environments.

There's a good article in SWAT by Pat Rogers of EAG Tactical as well.

Here's Pat Rogers's comparison of CLP and Slip. On this site is his Filthy 14 review, which mentions Slip, and other posts he's made about Slip.

https://www.slip2000.com/blog/side-b...0-ewl-and-clp/
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

.XX
    41t0mtlTEPL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    My "High End" lubricant for all my guns!
    Shoots your collector guns!

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    If you Marines would learn to read and use a dictionary you'd see:
    blah ... blah .... blah
    There's 3 ways to do things - the right way, the wrong way, and the Marine Corps way

Guess which way we're doin' things

I have been using 70 weight gear oil. Works fine.
    At one with the gun.

Fla
    Put me on the Frog Lube group. Heat the parts with a blow dryer for best results. A fine cleaner and a fine lube. I did a complete clean and used the Frog Lube on all parts including the gun body. It prevents rust and prevents dirt clinging into a nasty goo. Slicker than snot and smells Minty instead of like old oil. Firing the gun heats the Frog Lube and it can weep a tiny bit which is not a problem. I had bought the full kit but I like the paste best. The liquid I only use in parts I just can't reach. The paste will melt and run were you need it under heat.
    NO Salt,Alcohol, Smoking,Caffeine,Chocolate,Meat,Anything Spicy,Gasoline,Weapons Except Stun Wands By Police,Contact Sports,Sex Other Than Virtual,Abortion,pregnancy Without A License,Non Educational Toys,Bad Language,Exchanging Bodily fluids Including Kissing,Aggressive Acts,Freedom Of Speech

Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    This one?

Yep, that's the one.

How do you apply it? Does it have a straw like CLP?
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16
    Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield
    Mossberg 500B - Marlin 336Y

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Links