Just Picked Up!

Just Picked Up!

This is a discussion on Just Picked Up! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What's going on folks?! I'm new to the site and I'm so excited about my recent purchase that I didn't even bother to post in ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just Picked Up!

Just Picked Up!

What's going on folks?! I'm new to the site and I'm so excited about my recent purchase that I didn't even bother to post in the new members thread and just came straight here.

I just picked up a Walther PPS 9mm! It has had 2 previous owners before me but still looks brand spankin' new. The guy I picked it up from had put about 100 rounds through it and wasn't sure how many the owner before him put through it. By the looks of it it doesn't look like many! The price I paid for it was pretty much a steal!! Along with the PPS it came with 2 mags (7 rounds and 8 rounds), the extra backstrap, a Limbsaver grip, a Blackhawk pocket holster (which I only use for keeping the gun pretty), a Masters IWB leather holster (as seen in picture and pretty uncomfortable considering it was made for G26/G27 or maybe I'm just not used to it), some Federal 115g target ammo and a full box 147g Winchester Supreme Elite PDX1 jhp.
    See told you it was a steal!

7972775620_004c738f5c.jpg

Now I'm not one to pass judgement but it seemed like the guy I picked it up from was only into guns as a fad and not for self defense. At the end of our meeting, he was only concerned about getting paid. Maybe he really needed the money?? But that's hard to believe after seeing what looked to me was a brand new SUV (paper tags) and a new road bike on the roof of it. But hey for the price and him knowing what he was giving me, I wasn't going to deny him selling me the gun.

Anyways just thought I'd share my new purchase with you all! I will report back soon when I'm able to take it to the range! Cheers!

Senior Member Array Kimberpackn's Avatar

Just Picked Up!

Welcome from Tennessee
    We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. -

Patrick Henry

Nice and congrats !!! I have always liked the Walther PPS !!! God Bless

VIP Member
    Welcome from SC.

'Nice gun ya got there.

Very nice. Just a heads up....the slide of the PPS is tennifer treated, and wiping down with an oily cloth will make it look....well, pretty. I also was
    lucky to find an almost unfired PPS a few years ago for a great price. Even with all the new single stack pistols that have come on the market, I still
    consider the PPS to have set the standard. Enjoy.

Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    looks good
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

Lead Moderator
    As a PPS owner I will say you most likely will really like you new carry gun. I find it is the most used in my collection for EDC.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Good one and Welcome from Michigan.
    Never challenge an old man, because if you lose, you’ve lost to an old man, and if you win, so what?

VIP Member
    Congrats, and welcome from Virginia.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

mkh
    Congrats and welcome from NE Florida.

Nice!
    (Welcome!)

Congrats on the new addition. Very nice! Welcome to the forum too from North California!
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Nice! I am envious. I bet all the new gear he has is the very reason he needed some quick cash.

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    Very nice. Just a heads up....the slide of the PPS is tennifer treated, and wiping down with an oily cloth will make it look....well, pretty. I also was
    lucky to find an almost unfired PPS a few years ago for a great price. Even with all the new single stack pistols that have come on the market, I still
    consider the PPS to have set the standard. Enjoy.

Thanks for the heads up! And I was wondering where or how you got your PPS frame that color?! I had heard that the 1st edition PPS came with a gray colored frame but did they make other colors too? I was watching Hickok45's review on the PPS and he has an OD green colored frame and I just about died when I saw it!

Congrats on getting a great gun at an even better price. I have read nothing but good things about the PPS but have never had a chance to try one out.

PS Welcome to the board. It's always nice to see a member's first post be about the purchase of a new gun.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links