A couple of things I learned today-- Mobile 1/ Mustang and LCP

A couple of things I learned today-- Mobile 1/ Mustang and LCP

This is a discussion on A couple of things I learned today-- Mobile 1/ Mustang and LCP within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So, I've followed all the talk here through the years about the LCP, the posts from folks who love it and the posts complaining about ...

Thread: A couple of things I learned today-- Mobile 1/ Mustang and LCP

VIP Member

Thumbs up A couple of things I learned today-- Mobile 1/ Mustang and LCP

So, I've followed all the talk here through the years about the LCP, the posts from folks who love it and the
    posts complaining about plastic, long trigger pull, small grip, hard on hands, etc. etc.

Well I went to the range today and when I was done putting a 100 through my Mustang, I rented an LCP just to see what it is like. Pleasantly surprised. Very pleasantly surprised. The long trigger pull didn't bother me. The recoil was nothing at all for me-- something that I didn't expect because I tend to be sensitive to recoil. I only fired a few rounds, but I am positive my wrist would not be bothered even if I ran through a box of 50. Dang, I liked it a lot.

There is another thread running on lubricants and a few folks suggested Mobile 1.

I have had a problem with my Mustang II which QK once posted was due to a lube problem. I'd always used gun oil or gun grease. Today, I used Mobile 1, 5W 30. Not a single failure to eject, and I went through 100 rounds. In the past I've had ejection/extraction problems after about 50- 60 rounds; quite annoying. I can't be certain the difference was the lubricant, it could have been ammo brand, as the range seems to sell different ammo every time I go there. So, the jury is still out. But, I was pleased.

As with the LCP, YMMV. I had a fun day: Krav in the morning, range in the afternoon.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Like my LCP quite a bit. Glad I got it and tend to pack it more than any other. Never found the recoil to be bothersome and find it to be pretty accurate to a reasonable distance. And I don't consider myself a very good shot, and neither does anyone else! Hope the Mobil 1 solves you problem.

I've tried almost everything over the years for lubricant, including Lucas Oils while reloading. Best thing I've found so far and it lasts forever cause you use very little. It seems to penetrate and keep moisture from the metal, even better than the Eezox coating stuff or Break Free. In summer time my hands sweat and noticed my gun would try to rust on me with certain products. This is the only product I've found that really works and it's cheap. One Lube by Slick 50: Slick 50

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Here, read this; then decide what's "best."

GrantCunningham.com - Library
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Sponsored Links