A couple of things I learned today-- Mobile 1/ Mustang and LCP

This is a discussion on A couple of things I learned today-- Mobile 1/ Mustang and LCP within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So, I've followed all the talk here through the years about the LCP, the posts from folks who love it and the posts complaining about ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Hopyard
  • 1 Post By zonker1986

Thread: A couple of things I learned today-- Mobile 1/ Mustang and LCP

VIP Member

A couple of things I learned today-- Mobile 1/ Mustang and LCP

So, I've followed all the talk here through the years about the LCP, the posts from folks who love it and the
    posts complaining about plastic, long trigger pull, small grip, hard on hands, etc. etc.

Well I went to the range today and when I was done putting a 100 through my Mustang, I rented an LCP just to see what it is like. Pleasantly surprised. Very pleasantly surprised. The long trigger pull didn't bother me. The recoil was nothing at all for me-- something that I didn't expect because I tend to be sensitive to recoil. I only fired a few rounds, but I am positive my wrist would not be bothered even if I ran through a box of 50. Dang, I liked it a lot.

There is another thread running on lubricants and a few folks suggested Mobile 1.

I have had a problem with my Mustang II which QK once posted was due to a lube problem. I'd always used gun oil or gun grease. Today, I used Mobile 1, 5W 30. Not a single failure to eject or feed properly, and I went through 100 rounds.

In the past I've had ejection/extraction problems after about 50- 60 rounds; quite annoying. I can't be certain the difference was the lubricant, it could have been ammo brand, as the range seems to sell different ammo every time I go there. So, the jury is still out. But, I was pleased.

As with the LCP, YMMV. I had a fun day: Krav in the morning, range in the afternoon.
    oneshot likes this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    I had a fun day: Krav in the morning, range in the afternoon.
    That's almost a perfect day!

VIP Member
    Cool!

Glad you found the LCP worthwhile.
    Good that you experimented on lubrication for the mustang.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Mobile One -- $6/qt at Walmart....works like a charm.
    I also do use FP-10 on occasion when I want my guns to smell nice.
    Beans likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

That's pretty cool Hop! I use a little Castrol on my 1911 and revolvers sometimes. They seem to operate slicker than with gun oil.

Also Tetra gun grease works very well in hot weather.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Links