A new pickup to share EDC duties.......P938 SAS - Page 2

A new pickup to share EDC duties.......P938 SAS

This is a discussion on A new pickup to share EDC duties.......P938 SAS within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by DoingOK I sold the P938 Extreme to get this duo-tone version. I'm impressed with the quality and I look forward to breaking ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A new pickup to share EDC duties.......P938 SAS

Another Holster Option

Quote Originally Posted by DoingOK View Post
    I sold the P938 Extreme to get this duo-tone version. I'm impressed with the quality and I look forward to breaking it in. I'd rather put wear and tear on this little fella than my prissy Kimbers.

Unfortunately, the holster company doesn't have a mold gun to make a holster for it yet.

Ist of all … congrat's on the P938 SAS! I didn't know they made one either… the SAS model for the P938 that is.. Myself having purchased a P238 SAS a few months ago, a friend mentioned a LGS that had several P938 SAS's in stock but going quick. So I ventured out to take a peek… HAD TO GET IT! My plan is to OWB at times IWB carry the P938, and Ankle Carry the P238 which fits nicely into my Desantis Ankle holster initially purchased for my since sold S & W 380 Bodyguard. Here's a pic of my Sig's from left: P238 SAS, P938 SAS, P226 Stainless Elite 9mm

Three Sig's 2.jpg

Back to Holsters…. I have also been looking for a OWB type that snugly or tightly rests against me… key to for this is a good "gun belt", I went with a Beltman belt… really like it. As for the holster, I considered the Galco Stinger, the DeSantis Mini Scabbard, and more recently… more locally a Holster by Winthrop Holsters. I spoke to them yesterday, $49.99 I believe was the price for it, not on their website yet… but was told it looks like their P238 OWB. Check them out… I will follow up with what I do purchase as well.

p.s. I have had my P938 to the range once thus far. I had a few hundred rounds of Federal American Eagle 147gr (I used in my P226) with me so I used that. Initial observation is that the sights are off. I was shooting consistently to the left about 1 1/2 inches at 25ft. A bummer to me… but will try some 124gr and for sure my carry round of Speer Gold Dot 124 +p before any adjustments are made. Another Observation, being right handed was that the safety lever on the LH side of the firearm has a sharp edge on it, this edge digs into my thumb a bit at the knuckle closest to my hand. It rubbed a chunk of skin off there and was a bit sore… don't have this issue on my P238. I may soften that edge down the road. Will also follow up and post results on this topic also.

Nice Sig collection. I do find it odd that Sig doesn't even show the SAS variant on their product page for the P938. Oh well, glad I stumbled upon it when I did. Thanks for the holster info, I'm still looking around for one.

VIP Member
    I like the Sig "family" portrait. I hear a P226 calling my name.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

VIP Member
    Good job with the new purchase. I approve.

How does the recoil on the 938 compare to the recoil on the 238? I'm not recoil-adverse, but I do like to own carry guns that I also enjoy shooting a fair amount.

Great looking gun!

What a nice set of beauties you have there Mund!
    I am thinking that Sig will be in my future, pistol and their 5.56!

Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    I like the Sig "family" portrait. I hear a P226 calling my name.
    Thank You... I like the P226.. Great Feel

Quote Originally Posted by fail_187 View Post
    What a nice set of beauties you have there Mund!
    I am thinking that Sig will be in my future, pistol and their 5.56!
    Thank You... Try them out if you know someone that has them, or a range rental... Good Luck with your selection.

Picked it up today.....nicely made. Hope to shoot it this weekend some time.

What does the SAS get you? I am not familiar with Sig.
    ALWAYS CARRY - NEVER TELL

NRA MEMBER
    GOA MEMBER

Friend of Bill

The biggest difference is the "Sig Anti Snag" treatment where they have gone through and dehorned a lot of the sharper edges on the slide and beavertail area. Supposed to make it less susceptible to snagging while concealed carrying. You also have an ambi thumb safety, Sig Nite sights and custom Goncalo wood grips.

I don't know about the P938 SAS specifically, but in addition to the features DoingOK notes above, the other Sig models that have an SAS variant also have custom shop trigger work, or something like that. Just to add that last nugget.

Also, sorry but forgot to add, nice addition! :)

Even though it was made for my Kimber Solo......the P938 fits very well in the Backwoods Leather holster.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links