A new "Pony" for the stable.

This is a discussion on A new "Pony" for the stable. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Been wanting a Colt Delta Elite 10MM for a while but have not seen any at the gun shows for at least the last year ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: A new "Pony" for the stable.

VIP Member

Been wanting a Colt Delta Elite 10MM for a while but have not seen any at the gun shows for at least the last year and a half. Today I decided just for grins and giggles I would check a LGS I seldom visit (donít care for their no loaded guns signs). I looked around and not seeing the Colts I asked one of the sales people if they had a Delta Elite well they did not have just one but they had three. After looking them over I chose the SS model and the price was even better than the last one I saw at a gun show or on Gun Broker. Now to get to the range for a test drive.

ColtDE_L.JPG ColtDE_R.JPG
    Last edited by msgt/ret; December 7th, 2012 at 12:17 PM.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Lookin' good! Lookin' really good!

I've had a hankering for one of those since they first hit the market. Would be a fun play toy and a potent automatic pistol. A handloaders dream.

Thanks for sharing the good photos.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society

ďNo possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.Ē

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

VIP Member
    Looks good!

Let us know how it performs.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar

Congrats of the DE lady.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

Very nice looking gun! Can't wait for the report.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I love Tiberius/Maggie.

I think you found a 1911 'winner' there.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Scarce gun...

These are not often found, and I am surprised that you found 3 at one gun store. I think you will enjoy shooting it. I've had one for about 15 years, buying it used on Gunbroker at that time for $800. Mine is the Delta Gold Cup model. I found a blued Delta Elite at a gun store about 5 years ago and alerted a friend, who bought it for about $900. Could I ask what you paid for yours?

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Been wanting a Colt Delta Elite 10MM for a while but have not seen any at the gun shows for at least the last year and a half. Today I decided just for grins and giggles I would check a LGS I seldom visit (don’t care for their no loaded guns signs). I looked around and not seeing the Colts I asked one of the sales people if they had a Delta Elite well they did not have just one but they had three. After looking them over I chose the SS model and the price was even better than the last one I saw at a gun show or on Gun Broker. Now to get to the range for a test drive.
    Well, since we spent time stationed at the same place, and knew some of the same people, and since I'm such a nice guy. Just send it up here to me and I'll put it through it's paces for you. I'll even buy my own ammo to do it. I'm sure I can have it done and back to you in .........oh, say 4 or 5 years.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

OD*
    Congratulations!

I've never seen a Delta Elite with the the standard Government rollmarkings (or hammer and grip safety).
    BigJon10125 likes this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

P5
    Nice pony!!!
    It's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6!!
    Walther P5 / AMT AutomagII

Sweet!!!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pogo2 View Post
    These are not often found, and I am surprised that you found 3 at one gun store. I think you will enjoy shooting it. I've had one for about 15 years, buying it used on Gunbroker at that time for $800. Mine is the Delta Gold Cup model. I found a blued Delta Elite at a gun store about 5 years ago and alerted a friend, who bought it for about $900. Could I ask what you paid for yours?

Price was reasonable $975+tax. The last one I saw at a gun show was $1100 and a dealer at last weekend’s gun show in Fayetteville said he had one back at the shop he would take $1200 for.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

That is way different than my Delta Elite. Different markings, grips and hammer.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

I have never seen one like that. Very cool. I want one of those dearly. The only 10mm we can currently buy with the stupid roster is a glock or kimber. UGH!!!! I am JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    Congratulations!

I've never seen a Delta Elite with the the standard Government rollmarkings (or hammer and grip safety).
    After reading OD's posting above I went back and looked more closely at the OP's photos of the gun. Indeed, the gun shown doesn't look like any Delta Elite I have ever seen. The roll markings look like those of a standard Colt government model, and lack the triangle and words "Delta Elite" that are shown on all the Delta Elites I have seen. Go to this Google image search link and look at the various photos of Delta Elites:
    colt delta elite - Google Search

How do you know for sure this is a Delta Elite 10mm, and not a Colt government model series 80 in .45? How is the barrel marked?
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links