Sig P250 Subcompact 45 ACP - Review

This is a discussion on Sig P250 Subcompact 45 ACP - Review within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sig P-250 SC 45 ACP review Well, I waited over 2 months for my X-change kit to come in and I finally received it on ...

Thread: Sig P250 Subcompact 45 ACP - Review

Sig P-250 SC 45 ACP review
    Well, I waited over 2 months for my X-change kit to come in and I finally received it on Wednesday. My plan was to use the fire control unit from my compact 45, and deploy the subcompact for carry.
    Cleaned up the X-change kit, popped in the FCU and headed out to the range with a mixed bunch of ammo, which included: WW Personal protection 230 gr. HP, Remington factory 230 fmj, Remington Golden Sabre, and some of my reloaded 230 gr. Fmj. I fired a total of 70 rounds, and the only hitch I had was the slide locked back prematurely one time. It’s very possible that I may have hit the slide stop with my thumb though so I’m really not concerned.
    Shooting Impressions:
    I was shooting mostly to test function more than accuracy, so I used a single 6 inch bullseye target for all 70 rounds. Using a 6 o’clock hold, and shooting free hand the gun put rounds right into the center of the bull @ 33 ft. when I did my part. By the end of the session I ended up with a big hole in the center of the target about 4” round.
    Recoil: For the last several months, I’ve been shooting mostly 9mm so the first round to break kind of startled me somewhat. Admittedly, the recoil was sharper than I anticipated at first, but recoil seemed to wane significantly as I tightened my grip and fired subsequent rounds. By the end of the session, recoil was very manageable if not comfortable. I have arthritis in both hands, but came home pain free, so that was a big plus.

UPDATE:
    Made another range trip today, Friday and this time fired a total of 90 rounds without cleaning the gun from the previous range trip. Federal HST 230 gr. HP (my carry round) and some 225 Gr. MO. Bullet Lead bullets. Call it carry over from Wednesday’s range trip, but today recoil seemed quite mild. Needless to say, the gun ran flawlessly. Accuracy was excellent, much better than my ability. The accompanying pics show a target shot @ 33 ft., two hand standing hold no support.

All in all, I am quite impressed with this little gun. Since I already have P-250 subcompacts in 9mm and 40 cal. I am very comfortable with the size and weight of the gun, and I already have holsters for it as well. I look forward to comparing all three calibers side by side in the same guns. The 45 ACP will join its two brothers in my carry rotation.

Distinguished Member Array VBVAGUY's Avatar
    Nice shooting and great report. I have the 9mm Subcompact and it is great. One day I would like to get the caliber exchange kit for the 45acp SC like you did. God Bless

VIP Member
    Nice report.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Thanks for that report!
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar
    Nice report. the 45sc xchange kit is the first thing I'm going to get after my promotion at work and I get my trucked paid off in Feb. I really like the P250 lineup for some reason, the fit and feel to me is second to none in any other pistol I have ever shot. I've also gained some great control of the DAO trigger and am able to put some good groups on paper. Also Sigs C/S is great, I had a problem with some light primer strikes and Sig took it back and fixed it even though it was a used gun which I was not aware of.

Sponsored Links