The FNH FNX-9 Pistol

The FNH FNX-9 Pistol

This is a discussion on The FNH FNX-9 Pistol within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By zonker1986

Thread: The FNH FNX-9 Pistol

Senior Member Array MilitaryArms's Avatar

The FNH FNX-9 Pistol

Please visit my YouTube channel: The Military Arms Channel

you sir provide some of the best firearms reviews I've seen. Excellent job as usual.....and keep 'em coming. Very enjoyable.

BTW, here's my FNP-9 SAO....my polymer Browning Hi Power. Nice gun and a real sleeper.

mwhartman likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

I have an FNX-9 and according to FNH, the black slide is also stainless, which is why many gun shops sell the black and the "stainless" model for the same price.

Do not pay extra for the silver slide, unless you just like to pay more.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Interesting point you made on the trigger. I once asked if there was a mod for my FNP40 because my finger slides down and then rubs on the trigger guard. I have had to learn to readjust my trigger finger frequently so that dragging on the guard does not interfere with making a consistent pull.

Are you saying then that the trigger design is purposely to increase leverage?

Great vid.
    FS

I'm one of your subscribers and I never miss any of your videos. You do a great job!! I only wish you did more pistol/revolver reviews. I know long guns have their place and lovers, but I prefer handguns.... Keep up the good work!! I noticed you are from Indiana.....in what part of the state do you live? I was born and raised in Indiana, but have resided in the great state of Texas since 1976.

I love my FNX9. Just wish I could find a solution to my trigger problem. FN seems to have zero customer service. Nice video, thanks!

kb, what is the issue with the trigger?

If the gun is warm (shoot a mag or two through it quickly) it will no longer fire in double action. If I decock it, I can pull the DA trigger all the way against the frame. It improves as the gun cools (it'll then fire after I hold the trigger against the frame for a second, then after it cools more, it'll fire normally). If I drop the slide on a magazine (so its in single action) or just cock the hammer, its fine. Single action has never been a problem.

(edit):
    I have a very early FNX. I picked it up after an FN demo day at our department...the FNX was brand new. The early models were notorious for having this trigger issue. They have since fixed it, but I cannot find anyone at FN that will even talk to me about how to correct it. Shame, since I absolutely love the pistol.

VIP Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    you sir provide some of the best firearms reviews I've seen. Excellent job as usual....
    I'll second that. Thanks for the post (and feeding my addiction ;-). Keep up the good work.

Excellent Review....

I love my FNX9.....

Sponsored Links