Idiot!!!! At gun store - Page 3

Idiot!!!! At gun store

This is a discussion on Idiot!!!! At gun store within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I think by definition gun stores are the places where "experts" can show off their knowledge with the surety that nobody there is as smart ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Idiot!!!! At gun store

GH
    I think by definition gun stores are the places where "experts" can show off their knowledge with the surety that nobody there is as smart as them. I usually just nod & make appreciative grunts at the appropriate times then find a quiet corner to laugh my 3rd point of contact off.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

these type of guys are why you should always keep your cell phone on vibrate. Easy to fake an incoming call and just walk away........
    very far away.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

It's ok to help the terrorists now....The end of the world is this month anyway! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by jbonfadini View Post
    I was holding a beautiful m&p 45 compact and he informered me " done dare buy that they have a contract with toy companies to make there frame and terrorist build there barrels"
    Sounds like the same logic of calling a musical group's music bad simply due to having a saxophone in the band, by virtue of the fact that Adolphe Sax lived in Belgium at a time when Belgium had imperialistic/colonial designs on other nations ... apparent imperialistic sod that he must have therefore been. (Codswallop, of course.)

Pitiful. And hardly worth spending much time listening to. I can see why he got upset, there, at the shop. He apparently believed his own drivel.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Whats really bothersome is that those same idiots want to talk your ear off at every gun range it seems. Wasting your limited amount of time on the trigger. It seems the gun hobby attracts a high number of God's gift types trying to impress everyone. I avoid State and public ranges if possible..
    RIP Jeff Cooper

[QUOTE=ccw9mm;2481919]Sounds like the same logic of calling a musical group's music bad simply due to having a saxophone in the band, by virtue of the fact that Adolphe Sax lived in Belgium at a time when Belgium had imperialistic/colonial designs on other nations ... apparent imperialistic sod that he must have therefore been. (Codswallop, of course.)

And here I thought I was the only person that knew that.

You're only an expert when other people call you an expert. Rarely is a self proclaimed expert an expert. Or intelligent.

Either way, best to just ignore the ignorant, and stay away from the stupid.

Senior Member Array sonnycrocket's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jbonfadini View Post
    Ok so I was pillaging my local big-r's gun counter for a m&p or a Glock for my brother for Christmas. I was approached by a middle aged man who told me his whole life story, and how he knows everything there is to know about guns.... I was holding a beautiful m&p 45 compact and he informered me " done dare buy that they have a contract with toy companies to make there frame and terrorist build there barrels" I thought he was joking and I laughed. He got heated mad and again told me he knew everything! I was speechless for the first time in my life had nothing to say..... Now I find it funny so I guess ill take a few of my terrorist/toy guns and have some fun at the range!
    what could he have read to possibly come up with that BS?

But did you tell him that the shortage is over now and he can get parts for his brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidboot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Sounds like the same logic of calling a musical group's music bad simply due to having a saxophone in the band, by virtue of the fact that Adolphe Sax lived in Belgium at a time when Belgium had imperialistic/colonial designs on other nations ... apparent imperialistic sod that he must have therefore been. (Codswallop, of course.)
    And here I thought I was the only person that knew that.
    I cheated, sort of. Had heard it before, more or less. But I also heard that logic phrased in a fairly recent film, Andy Garcia's Lost City, a story about the last days in Havana in 1958/1959. Excellent film, by the way.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

These types are't only at the gun shop! I am an Automotive technician (25+ years) and have had my fair share of whackos telling me about this car or that part or other random facts. Most recently was a parts delivery guy explaining to me how the "Smoke trails" from large commuter jets is actually a chemical that the US Government is using to control the weather.
    Wife: Why do want to carry a gun all the time everywhere we go?
    Me: To protect you and the kids, keep myself safe, protect others if needed, and to express my love of my Constitutional Rights.
    Wife: Awwwwww OK <3

^ I knew it!!

He might have slipped out of the nursing home : )
    "These days I go down to Wal-Mart and they sell 'em in the back.
    Some people wanna take 'em away, why don't you go bust them boys that's sellin' crack.
    Guns, whether Remingtons 'er Glocks.
    Come on man it ain't like I'm a slingin' 'em on the block." - Justin Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Tmarkert View Post
    These types are't only at the gun shop! I am an Automotive technician (25+ years) and have had my fair share of whackos telling me about this car or that part or other random facts. Most recently was a parts delivery guy explaining to me how the "Smoke trails" from large commuter jets is actually a chemical that the US Government is using to control the weather.
    The correct term is chemtrails (a modification of contrails). But don't type that without having your tinfoil hat securely fastened on your head.

Conspiracy theory it is. Get Jesse Ventura on the case.
    AngryBadger417 likes this.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links