Idiot!!!! At gun store

This is a discussion on Idiot!!!! At gun store within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As an expert in all things firearms, i was standing around my local gun store telling somone about the M&P series....Hey, wait a minute........

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Idiot!!!! At gun store

As an expert in all things firearms, i was standing around my local gun store telling somone about the M&P series....Hey, wait a minute.....
    Equality does not exist in the real world - it is a fiction to help the self esteem of those people who consistently fail to succeed.
    Retired SF(SP) CMSgt 1979-2005

2. Remove Ads

Blitzburgh,

Woops! I missed that such a thread exists!

Thank you, sir. I appreciate the kind sentiment, and the redirect :)

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    That's why I avoid walmart type stores.I am retired and live modestly but I rather pay a little extra to have the owner in the store.

Senior Member Array GentlemanJim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jbonfadini View Post
    Ok so I was pillaging my local big-r's gun counter for a m&p or a Glock for my brother for Christmas. I was approached by a middle aged man who told me his whole life story, and how he knows everything there is to know about guns.... I was holding a beautiful m&p 45 compact and he informered me " done dare buy that they have a contract with toy companies to make there frame and terrorist build there barrels" I thought he was joking and I laughed. He got heated mad and again told me he knew everything! I was speechless for the first time in my life had nothing to say..... Now I find it funny so I guess ill take a few of my terrorist/toy guns and have some fun at the range!
    He is not an idiot. He is insane.

Jim

Middle-aged? Check.
    Pueblo, Colorado? Check.
    Last week? Check.
    Knows everything? Check.
    International Manufacturing/Terrorism/Banking Conspiracy expert? Check.

Oh wow, you ran into Ted Turner!
    lowercase likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Tmarkert View Post
    ...Most recently was a parts delivery guy explaining to me how the "Smoke trails" from large commuter jets is actually a chemical that the US Government is using to control the weather.
    HAH!!! Just goes to show what he knows! The smoke trails are not for weather control, they're mind-control drugs. The weather control is handled through the cell phone towers.

Very entertaining posts Rbid. Thanks I got a chuckle or two reading them.

I have been in enough gun shops and at enough ranges to have observed each and every one of the "personalities" you described.

I just try to take it in stride and appreciate those guys for their high entertainment value.
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbonfadini View Post
    Ok so I was pillaging my local big-r's gun counter...
    I'm surprised the store didn't have you arrested for pillaging! I think the middle aged man actually saved you.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum.
    I think, therefore I am armed.

(Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

True true but the stores around here have become very used to my pillaging practices ;)

You should have distracted him by pointing in the other direction and yelling, "Hey look, a wizard!!!" and then walked away briskly.

Either that or looked him straight in the eye and in the most serious and somber tone quietly said to him, "The sea monkey has my money" as you rack the slide over and over again.

One of two things would have happened. Either he would have walked away calling you crazy or you would have a new best friend.
    Brad426 and Paymeister like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Since we are talking gun stores and gun store customers I often wonder why people flock to the gun shows, it is surely not to save money but i think it is to mostly fondle the guns without the fear of being hassled. Can you just imagine what the LGS guy would say if you would ask him to look at and fondle
    more than 5 or 6 guns. Yes, i am sure the LGS clerks have a name for someone that attempts to do it. Why has the Palm Beach Gardens Florida Gander Mountain experienced a dramatic sells increase not realized by the other LGS's, it is surely not because of low prices, it is called good customer service coupled with a large inventory. Case in point. I bought my daughter a .380 auto loader only to find when we got home and cleaned the gun it had some very poor machine work on the slide that had been overlooked by QC. We returned to GM pointed out the problem and they took the gun and had the problem corrected and returned to us in less than two weeks. Would your LGS do that? no, they would, in most cases, give you the manufacturers customer service telephone number and let you deal with it. There are two sides to every story and a opportunity cost for every thing we do in life. How do the customer perceive the gun salesman? And the opportunity cost to be a gun salesman is dealing with customers, good or bad and being able to accept that the customer is always right. My rant for today....

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    You should have distracted him by pointing in the other direction and yelling, "Hey look, a wizard!!!" and then walked away briskly.

Either that or looked him straight in the eye and in the most serious and somber tone quietly said to him, "The sea monkey has my money" as you rack the slide over and over again.

One of two things would have happened. Either he would have walked away calling you crazy or you would have a new best friend.
    Make fun if you will, but the sea monkey WILL get your money if you aren't vigilant.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Lol the sea monkey may work! Ill try it, iv got one gs where the owner and I are good friends so he would take good care of me as he does all his customers. He wants out standing customer service over making a buck.

Senior Member Array scgunlover1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Iím glad my last LGS experience was much more pleasant. Went in and the sales people were already busy with other customers so I just looked around for a bit. I did not see what I was looking for so when one of the sales people was free I asked if they had a Colt Delta Elite, his answer was they are in the case over there. Went over to the case and picked out the one I wanted then asked if there was a discount for cash, he looked at the tag and took a few dollars off. Told him I needed to go out to my truck and get the cash and handed him my DL and CCW. Came back in filled out the paperwork and paid. Very nice, I got what I wanted; he made a sale so we were both happy.
    msgt/ret,
    Do you mind telling all of us where this shop is located? A sale like this would be a welcomed experience.
    SCGunLover1

There are really strange people walking around these days without their handlers. ( The guys with the white jackets ).

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links