Idiot!!!! At gun store

This is a discussion on Idiot!!!! At gun store within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by jbonfadini Yeah yeah all the there's, theirs, sound the same to me! I'm no English major Don't worry about it. Former Spelling ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Idiot!!!! At gun store

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbonfadini View Post
    Yeah yeah all the there's, theirs, sound the same to me! I'm no English major

Don't worry about it. Former Spelling Bee champs are AWAYS proud of their/there former achievements. :):):)

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scgunlover1 View Post
    msgt/ret,
    Do you mind telling all of us where this shop is located? A sale like this would be a welcomed experience.
    WT's Guns located here in Goldsboro.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Several gun shops around here are a habitual hangout for morons, idiots, and know it all types. I merely try not to talk to anyone if and when I go in to look around.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Paymeister View Post
    Maybe Gecko45 is getting older?
    "Oh no! Everytime I almost forget him and his whole line of crap about being a "new operator to this theater" B.S. someone comes along to bring him up again.

I've heard my share of crazy stuff, or outright lies, or stone ignorance at gun stores and ranges and other places over the years.

These included the guy who bragged about owning a pair of ".38 snubnose revolvers" with "transparent pearl handles" that allowed him to see how many shots he would have left in his "clear plastic clips"

the guy who bragged about how his Norinco SKS had been issued to a secret airborne special forces unit of the PLA, you could tell because of the special mark on the barrel! and he would point to a standard factory mark. And shhhhh, don't tell anyone but it was a souvenir given to him by his Green Beret cousin who took it as a trophy after a firefight with this special unit in China during a covert mission during the mid 1990s.

Anymore... if I get an "expert" ...... I typically tell them "instantly" .... if I need your opinion I'll ask for it, if I don't know it .... I probably don't need to, and if I do... I won't be asking you. So, now please leave me alone.... or, this is what I want and / or want to know if you have.

I've seen toooooo many people that can't make change for a 98 cent item paid for with a $1 bill.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

I went into a new-to-me local gun shop a couple days ago and there were a couple of noobs (they stated such) at the counter and a guy that worked there was giving them "expert advice." At one point, when he was going over why the S&W Snubnose Airweight 357 Magnum revolver was the best choice for new shooters, I apparently laughed a little bit outloud (I was at the counter behind him looking at 1911s). He turned around and asked me if I needed some help and I said, "No, just window shopping." Hey, who am I to interfere with his sale. I've got to practice my laughing to myself skills.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Links