Which gun 'just goes off'? (honest question)

This is a discussion on Which gun 'just goes off'? (honest question) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by nedrgr21 Jennings/Bryco Agreed 110% I've had it happen with two of them years ago. What happened was the same in both instances, ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Which gun 'just goes off'? (honest question)

Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post
    Jennings/Bryco
    Agreed 110% I've had it happen with two of them years ago. What happened was the same in both instances, the firing pin has a ledge "most likely of soft metal" that holds the firing pin a full cock, given time the catch wears it's way though the ledge shearing it off completely. I had a Raven Arms .25 that went off when I hung up my coat, firing into the floor. less than a week later sitting and reading heard a muffled BOOM from the gun locker, opened it and my bryco .380 had suffered the same fate.
    A 1911 is Not an obsession, it's simply a recognition that it's THE Gun. :-) All others are runner ups. And hey, if all else fails, aim for the nose and fling it to knock out your foe. Let's see y'all do that with a kel-Tec. ;-)

2. Remove Ads

I had one incident which causes me to differ with the folks that say "there is no such thing as a unintentional discharge that is not a negligent discharge."
    I was on a camp rifle range using one of their rifles. It was an ancient Martini action .22 target rifle. The line was hot and the rifle was pointed down range. When I closed the action on the first round the rifle discharged (actually hitting the target) and a bunch of powder residue fell out of the bottom of the rifle.

The rifle had not been cleaned since they bought it at a flea market two years earlier other than swabbing the bore because no one knew how to take it apart.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar
    Nearly everyone I own... Ok All of them... Milliseconds after I pull the trigger. Just like the ones we read about that just went off

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nightsonge View Post
    Agreed 110% I've had it happen with two of them years ago. What happened was the same in both instances, the firing pin has a ledge "most likely of soft metal" that holds the firing pin a full cock, given time the catch wears it's way though the ledge shearing it off completely. I had a Raven Arms .25 that went off when I hung up my coat, firing into the floor. less than a week later sitting and reading heard a muffled BOOM from the gun locker, opened it and my bryco .380 had suffered the same fate.
    So lack of maintenance isn't considered negligence? If you ignore your cars brakes till one day it just wont stop, Will it be the manufactures fault? DR

Sounds like poor materials/design choice by the manufacturer to me.

A gun where one puts their finger on the trigger and does a hard sneeze.....
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Take any gun ... "Any" .... load it and put it in a safe. Check on it every day to see if it went off by itself. Or, if it "just went off" . The answer is "no" gun "just goes off". Something has to happen to cause it, if it's a working gun with no mechanical issues otherwise. Now, can some be easier to cause to shoot, than others ? I'm sure there are. I'm sure if you bang some with a hammer, some of them might go off too ....... and are there some that are safer than others, yes.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Re: Which gun 'just goes off'? (honest question)

I don't know enough about it to mean anything, ht I have heard shotguns are fairly dropfire prone. Again I cant speak to the truth on it.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links