Bought my second Shield today...

This is a discussion on Bought my second Shield today... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; But I still don't have one. I bought the first in the spring for my son's graduation gift, I got the other one this afternoon ...

Thread: Bought my second Shield today...

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar

But I still don't have one.

I bought the first in the spring for my son's graduation gift, I got the other one this afternoon for my other son for Christmas gift.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    Friends don't let friends wear fanny packs!!!

Open carry is to a handgun as bluetooth is to a cell phone!

2. Remove Ads

Man, I'm glad I don't have kids. I found one online today and I'm keeping it all for myself. :-P

On a more serious note, it definitely shows how much you love your sons to come across 2 Shields and give them as gifts considering how scarce they are at the moment. I hope your sons appreciate the gesture.

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar

Re: Bought my second Shield today...

They def do. My oldest has been eyeing a Taurus 709 (I think thats it) because the Shield is out of his price range so my dad and I went together to get him the Shield.

Now should he by the Taurus before Christmas, I can't return sooo....I'd have to keep it :(

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    Friends don't let friends wear fanny packs!!!

Open carry is to a handgun as bluetooth is to a cell phone!

You're a good Dad. Get one for yourself now. I love mine.
    Bob Mayne
    HandgunWorld Podcast
    www.handgunworld.com
    Suarez International Instructor

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiff_P239 View Post
    Man, I'm glad I don't have kids. I found one online today and I'm keeping it all for myself. :-P
    I was under the impression that human trafficking was somewhat illegal these days

Seriously though, I have yet to hold a shield, but from what I have heard about them it is definitely a firearm I'd like to tryout soon.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Well good Lord. I've been waiting for seven weeks for one to come in. Could be another seven before I see it.

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    Heh, wouldn't that be a kick in the nuts if he did buy the 709 before Christmas. That's a very good gun, but I prefer the Shield.
    Hakkaa päälle!

I have the 709 and want the shield. I had the 709 and the finish started coming off, the slide. as soon as I an put a shield in the holster I am going to strip and polish the 709 and use it for a BUG.

Links