Best LGS comment

Best LGS comment

This is a discussion on Best LGS comment within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; After hearing about all the goofballs hanging out at gun shops, I thought I would pass along the nicest comment I have heard lately at ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Best LGS comment

Best LGS comment

After hearing about all the goofballs hanging out at gun shops, I thought I would pass along the nicest comment I have heard lately at my LGS.

I walked in and was greeted with a "Hey, where have you been we haven't seen you for a while."
    I answered that with Xmas coming I was a bit short on cash and didn't want to be tempted into buying another weapon.
    The shop owner answered. "Heck leave your wallet in the car. Come on in to see us"

Nice to know he sees more than just $ signs when I walk through the door.
    "Only the Sith deal in absolutes."

"My dog is smarter than your honor student."

That's cool. Some of them are only friendly when you're spending big bucks. Good to hear your story. I do find it very difficult to go into the LGS without buying SOMETHING. Obviously I can't always walk out w/ a firearm, but I usually at least get some ammo, mags, patches or a silicon rag :)
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Re: Best LGS comment

The LGS that I always go to is like that too. If I'm bored on a day off from work I'll take a drive by to look around and chat. Not once do they pressure me to use the range.

While there one day, I heard probably the dumbest comment ever. I was inquiring if they had any .38 Super ammo in stock and some guy browsing the displays said, "Isn't 38 Super and 38 Special the same?" All of us looked at the guy and gave him a very definitive "NO".

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    I'd have said, "The .38 Super is special, but the .38 Special isn't super."
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

It's nice to feel welcome in the LGS, most times I get a personalized Hello unless there all busy with customers. It goes a long way towards future business.
    My EDC G27 gen. 4
    Favorite range gun G23 gen. 3

NRA Life Member

That's always nice to have that at a LGS

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Yes, in my area you don't often get greeted when entering most LGS's, and you are lucky if you even get a "can I help you". I have found that my local Gander Mountain personnel do greet the customers when you enter the store, in passing a sales person within the store and at each department service counter.
    Darrow75 likes this.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Distinguished Member
    My local gun store is also my local indoor range. 95% of the time I just walk in say hey and head back to the range. Sometimes feel a little bad for not shopping there much. Had a ffl transfer there awhile ago, the guys were awesome, totally friendly and even thanked me for just doing a ffl with em. I've recently ordered my glock conversion kit through them and soon as I get some tax money back I'll be making a purchase there. They've definetly made me feel welcome, even if I'm not one of the big spenders. They will have my buisness for a long time because of it.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FLMOPE View Post
    After hearing about all the goofballs hanging out at gun shops, I thought I would pass along the nicest comment I have heard lately at my LGS.

I walked in and was greeted with a "Hey, where have you been we haven't seen you for a while."
    I answered that with Xmas coming I was a bit short on cash and didn't want to be tempted into buying another weapon.
    The shop owner answered. "Heck leave your wallet in the car. Come on in to see us"

Nice to know he sees more than just $ signs when I walk through the door.
    Dad's are normally happy to see their kids.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Nice to have lgs like that around. Ive been in a few and they didnt even know i walked in the door. And others had gun shop commandos that thought their s**t didnt stink. Ive got a few I go to but they are about an hours drive. But customer service means everything. Ill drive a bit for that.
    bombthrower77 likes this.

Till you fall in love with that pistol you never knew you had to have. Then he'll say "your wallet is only 50 feet away! it was meant to be!"

Great story. I have 7 gun stores within 20 minutes of my house. I drove 130 miles for my last gun purchase. The guys there asked me why I came all that way and I said, "competitive prices, great selection, and a knowledgeable and courteous staff. I can't find all 3 at one place anywhere close to where I live." They gave me an extra 1 hour range pass for the next time I come to see them.
    "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." ~ P. J. O'Rourke

South of Ol' Tascosa, two miles from water, twenty miles from Hell
    The owner of the Local Gun and Pawn is my good friend.

He'll say, "Hey, lets go out for lunch one day this week".

I get my best deals from him.

Jungle Work
    Graduate: University of South Vietnam-
    School of Jungle Warfare

CURRAHEE My Brothers In Blood

Quote Originally Posted by sioux565 View Post
    The LGS that I always go to is like that too. If I'm bored on a day off from work I'll take a drive by to look around and chat. Not once do they pressure me to use the range.

While there one day, I heard probably the dumbest comment ever. I was inquiring if they had any .38 Super ammo in stock and some guy browsing the displays said, "Isn't 38 Super and 38 Special the same?" All of us looked at the guy and gave him a very definitive "NO".
    Everybody is born green. At least he was wise enough to ask.

I have two gun shops that I deal with, both greet me by name and almost always 'work' the original asking price of anything that interests me.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links