Votes: 47 17.5%
  • Semi-Automatic

Votes: 174 64.9%
  • Both get equal time in my carry rotation

Votes: 47 17.5%

Simple Poll...Revolver or SemiAuto

6K views 73 replies 68 participants last post by  shadowwalker 
#1 ·
As a CCW instructor, I was just curious about the number of people carrying revolvers versus semi-automatics. I figure the best place to start is here at Defensive Carry. So which is it for you?

#55 ·
I carry revolver / semi-auto about 50/50, but I do have 2 semi-auto and only 1 revolver that I have strictly for CC. Out of any one gun, revolver gets the most holster time.

#56 ·
I carry both at different times. My SP101 is small and light weight while my 1911s are heavier and dont hide as well. I dont feel undergunned with either but then again I am trying to disengage rather than engage. Unless I am home that is but then I am fighting my way to a long gun there (which isnt to far away from anywhere in my home).

#60 ·
I currently have a semi, but I'm hoping to make one of my upcoming purchases a wheel-gun.

#63 ·
I rotate between the two.

Although, there are times when I carry both :yup:

#67 ·
A brief time-out to memorialize a shooting great that many of us will remember.

It's being reported that Bob Munden has passed away last night.

Flash mobs just wouldn't have been an issue for him and his revolvers. He was the flash in single action revolver shooting.

Bob Munden -- Cowboy Firepower - YouTube

R.I.P. Bob

#73 ·
Semis for me. Right now its just my Glock 19 and RIA 1911, and until the 1911 sees some range time and I figure out what it likes, the G19 is still my primary carry piece. Whenever I do end up getting a wheel gun, I'll give it a try if it is suitable for CC. Although if it's not, I'll just have to OC.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.