Votes: 47 17.5%
  • Semi-Automatic

Votes: 174 64.9%
  • Both get equal time in my carry rotation

Votes: 47 17.5%

Simple Poll...Revolver or SemiAuto

6K views 73 replies 68 participants last post by  shadowwalker 
#1 ·
As a CCW instructor, I was just curious about the number of people carrying revolvers versus semi-automatics. I figure the best place to start is here at Defensive Carry. So which is it for you?

#5 ·
I can't really answer, as it depends on the circumstances.

My own personal experience has led me to the revolver (LCR) when the situation calls for small, light weight, and discreet...with a micro semi auto (LCP) as a BUG.

When I don't need to be as concerned about discretion, then it's a semi auto (Glock 30)...with the revolver (LCR) as a BUG.

#6 ·
All my carry guns are autos. I just like autos better for some reason. But I used to carry a model 85 taurus. And did that carry nice. I wouldnt hesitate to carry another wheelgun if I had it. But the autos are my cup o tea right now. Stay safe.

#7 ·
M&P compact.357sig, Kel Tec P11 & summertime around the house might find me with a 442 apendix carry in shorts or swim suit.
.357 revolver up N. in the woods.

#9 ·
99% of the time my EDC and BUG are auto loaders and the 1% is a revolver just for a change.

#10 ·
All my current handguns are semis. But I wouldn't hesitate to pocket a 442/642 if one were to appear in my inventory.

#11 ·
Wow... I can't believe I was the first wheel gun vote! Anyway... My primary EDC is a LCR in .38. I have a G26 that I told myself I would carry in "higher threat situations" but in the six or so months since I have been EDCing the LCR I have only carried the G26. And that high threat situation turned out to be utterly hilarious but better safe then sorry.

#16 ·
I prefer revolvers because I can keep my brass intact for reloading which = alot more economical shooting. I also prefer revolvers for other reasons, but I carry both as the fancy strikes me.

Reactions: aus71383
#22 ·
There's only one gun I carry at the moment and its a semi. My revolver is an older gun and isn't going to be in the carry rotation - not that it couldn't be used in that capacity.

I'm tempted to get a .357 Mag or .44 Mag but if I do, it'll spend most of its days on the night stand.

#23 ·
Pepsi or Coke??????/

#24 ·
I like the capacity, flat shape, smaller size per inch of barrel length, and faster reloading of automatics. So I carry those.

I really enjoy shooting my revolvers, and I would like to add more to the collection. Also I have a 442 that gets carried once in a great while.

Austin

#25 ·
Both get equal time in my carry rotation. Mostly depending on the dress code of the day. Being proficient with both gives me peace of mind.

Regards!

#26 ·
I feel comfortable with both the Revolver or the Semi Auto.

It depends on where I'm at, the time of day and where I'm going.

In the Big Cesspool Cities or Along the Border, I always carry a 1911, Glock or Browning HP and a BUG.

Running down the street to the WaldoMart, I might just carry a Smith 640.

I started out my LE Career carrying revolvers for about fifteen years and then switched to Semi Autos for about twenty years.

Now I retired, I carry what I want.

Jungle Work

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.