First Gun to be Glock 19, what deals offers did you make? - Page 2

First Gun to be Glock 19, what deals offers did you make?

This is a discussion on First Gun to be Glock 19, what deals offers did you make? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Excellent choice for a first gun. That's a fair enough price - just pay them. You may be buying guns from them again later. You'll ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: First Gun to be Glock 19, what deals offers did you make?

Excellent choice for a first gun.

That's a fair enough price - just pay them. You may be buying guns from them again later.

You'll want to stock up on magazines - probably for both the 17 and you 19. 5 is a good start - 10 is "enough".....but you can never really have enough magazines.

For cleaning - you'll want some solvent, some oil, an all purpose cleaning brush, maybe a bore snake, a rod, a brass/copper bore brush, some patches....I'm sure there are threads you can read on what you'll need to clean your gun. You'll figure it out. Don't soak it in oil - keep the bore dry-looking, not wet. If you use solvent, use oil afterwards (to prevent corrosion). You could probably go thousands of rounds without "needing" to clean it - but lots of us like to keep our guns clean just as a general rule.

Enjoy!

Austin

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    That's a really good price. Gen 3 Glocks are $549 + tax and transfer pretty much everyplace around here. My friend picked up a 17 today. It works just fine right out of the box. Put a patch through it first, then 200 rounds of WWB and 40 rounds of 124g Gold Dot. Then we cleaned it. It's good to go.

My 19 was the same when I bought it in 2005. Flawless right out of the box. My 26 from 2 years ago, flawless right out of the box. My 36 purchased unfired from a collection but made the first year of production, flawless out of the box. In fact I don't personally know anyone that's had anything but flawless out of the box with a Glock. There have been some documented teething problems with the early G4s, but from what I can find out, that's been fixed.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Because it will ruin him for any other gun!
    Quote Originally Posted by sioux565 View Post
    What is wrong with a Glock being someone's first gun?
    Gun Owners of America lifetime member since last week.

only for 475?? i wish i can get a NIB G19 for that price. Here, it's in the mid 500's to high 500's.

Sounds like a good deal. A friend bought one here in NY and it was $579

VIP Member
    I got mine early this year for $439.00 ( NIB Gen 3 ) as the inventory went down on the Gen 3 they went to $399 for all of the gen 3 execpt the 45ACP
    I could not see spending more for the Gen 4

You're getting a great gun and a good deal. I won't tell you I paid $225 for my Glock 27... but now that I own it, have shot a few hundred rounds through it, and it is #11 in my collection, Glocks are great. Not sexy, but great. Enjoy and save for ammo, you'll want to shoot it. A lot.
    And the guy I bought mine from shot it for years and never cleaned it. I shot it, then cleaned it. Works perfectly. Every time.

JIm

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    That's a real deal. Gen3 G19s are $499 around here with Gen4s being a little more, $530ish. Considering the Gen 4 comes with an extra magazine, the price balances itself out. You're getting a great gun for your first gun, IMO.

Congrats.

In WV mine was 550, but all guns are higher than average in this area. I bought mine in October and I had a few FTE/stove pipes in the first 150 rounds. After that it has been flawless with any ammo I fed it. The 19 was also my first handgun and I wouldn't have it any other way. It's simple to shoot and clean, that way you know the basics of how a gun works without a bunch of extra pieces laying around. That's my 2 cents at least. But what do I know

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links