Well guys I now carry a new gun. It it an odd one this time.

This is a discussion on Well guys I now carry a new gun. It it an odd one this time. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Have read only positive reviews re. the Caracal. The "problem", I think, is that with a Glock, etc., with a long track record, too many ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Well guys I now carry a new gun. It it an odd one this time.

Have read only positive reviews re. the Caracal. The "problem", I think, is that with a Glock, etc., with a long track record, too many folks get locked into the mindset that says it's the ONLY gun to have. I've had several Glocks and have sold/traded each of them for other guns and have not regretted it. I might end up getting another Glock at some point, but it won't be due to believing that it's the ONLY gun one must own. And I do believe that the Military Channel reviewed the Caracal and gave it a thumbs up. As always, "beauty" is in the eye of the beholder: same with guns.JMHO.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

2. Remove Ads

My LGS has a couple of the Full Sized Caracal in stock. Not sure how I feel about them not having handled it much but it does appear to have all the characteristics for a nice carry pistol. Let us know what you think of the Quick-sights.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    Congrats on the new pistol, give me time I'm still trying to wrap my head around you trading off a GLOCK 26...
    I loved my Glock 26 and I will replace it some time in the future. I only traded because I wanted the Caracal more and I know I can find another G26 anytime.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by high pockets View Post
    If you put a Baby Eagle and a Caracal in the same safe, will you initiate your own jihad?
    Why would you say that? Nothing like racism, is there?

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    IMHO, all the GLOCK goodness in a sleeker package.
    Actually, it's all the Steyr goodness. Key members of the Caracal design team are former Steyr guys. The excellent trigger, low bore axis, and general non-2x4 shape can all be attributed to them. Glock knows nothing of these concepts.
    Guns don't kill people. Drivers on cell phones do.

duuuuude. You traded a Glock 26 for a Caracal? You traded a gun with boo-koo aftermarket parts and holsters for a gun.....with virtually no aftermarket anything?
    You traded a gun with almost 20 years of proven track record for a gun......with no track record?

you just put a dagger in my Glock Fan Boy heart.

...but I want a Caracal Subcompact when they come out, but not giving up my G26 for one.
    I too have heard good things about them, but have not had the pleasure of handling one.
    Let us know how this one stacks up to your Glock that you traded in (sniff, sniff, tear drops on key board)
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    duuuuude. You traded a Glock 26 for a Caracal? You traded a gun with boo-koo aftermarket parts and holsters for a gun.....with virtually no aftermarket anything?
    You traded a gun with almost 20 years of proven track record for a gun......with no track record?

you just put a dagger in my Glock Fan Boy heart.

...but I want a Caracal Subcompact when they come out, but not giving up my G26 for one.
    I too have heard good things about them, but have not had the pleasure of handling one.
    Let us know how this one stacks up to your Glock that you traded in (sniff, sniff, tear drops on key board)
    I can already tell you that the Caracal has a much better trigger and is much more accurate than the Glock 26. It also feels a lot better to me and getting a good sight picture is so much quicker.Like I said the only draw back is the lack of mags and I wish I could find a front night sight for it.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links