Why Glock? - Page 9

Why Glock?

This is a discussion on Why Glock? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I hated glock, and never shot one. I had bought an xdm, and told myself this was the best gun period. Couple range sessions go ...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: Why Glock?

Why Glock?

I hated glock, and never shot one. I had bought an xdm, and told myself this was the best gun period. Couple range sessions go by and my body shows up with his 17. For me that gun shot so much nicer than mine. I could hit whatever I was pointing at with that gun

A week later, I traded mine in for a 19. And then added a 23 and a 26. I have had nothing but good luck with them. I really wanted to like the Springfield better, but it didn't happen that way.

Re: Why Glock?

Quote Originally Posted by oppi27 View Post
    I hated glock, and never shot one. I had bought an xdm, and told myself this was the best gun period. Couple range sessions go by and my body shows up with his 17. For me that gun shot so much nicer than mine. I could hit whatever I was pointing at with that gun

A week later, I traded mine in for a 19. And then added a 23 and a 26. I have had nothing but good luck with them. I really wanted to like the Springfield better, but it didn't happen that way.
    Your body showed up with a different gun?! Crazy. Must've known somethin you didn't. LOL!

Sent using my Tap-a-talkinator
    'Fortes Fortuna Juvat'
    NRA Member
    NRA Life of Duty Member

I had a 19, got rid of it and regret it horribly. Just recently picked up a 23 to fill the Glock void. Even if I don't love the ergos as some other guns a Glock is a must have IMO. You can't break it and it's one of the few firearms I would feel comfortable depending my life on right out of the box.

I've owned 3 Glocks and found the reliabilty is indifferent. They didn't shoot well and ultimately irritated tendonitis in my right thumb. If you like it more power to you but they really don't suck any less than any other handgun as far as I've shot.

Why Glock?

Quote Originally Posted by Nebraska12 View Post
    Your body showed up with a different gun?! Crazy. Must've known somethin you didn't. LOL!

Sent using my Tap-a-talkinator
    Hahahahaa. Dang autocorrect

Because people buy them without knowing how they work..... Story time.

*vent time start*

Gunshop to get ammo, which is rationing to 1 box per day now. Guy in front picks up his new glock (.45) and asks for ammo. True to buy 5000 rounds....Clerk spends 30 minutes explaining the terms "grain," "full metal jacket," and "hollowpoint." This is all very confusing when the clerk asks "what grain and type." Purchases, successfully, one 50 round box of .45 pmc fmj. Proceeds to argue with the clerk how he has a glock and not a centerfire (as we know is generally written on the box.) Turns to dry fire and no click. Asks me why no click, not knowing I am a sig-o-philiac. I rack the slide, knowing that this motion resets the striker, and pull the trigger. Click it goes. Even I know this....

*vent time over*

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by hwarang54 View Post

*vent time start*

Gunshop to get ammo, which is rationing to 1 box per day now. Guy in front picks up his new glock (.45) and asks for ammo. True to buy 5000 rounds....Clerk spends 30 minutes explaining the terms "grain," "full metal jacket," and "hollowpoint." This is all very confusing when the clerk asks "what grain and type." Purchases, successfully, one 50 round box of .45 pmc fmj. Proceeds to argue with the clerk how he has a glock and not a centerfire (as we know is generally written on the box.) Turns to dry fire and no click. Asks me why no click, not knowing I am a sig-o-philiac. I rack the slide, knowing that this motion resets the striker, and pull the trigger. Click it goes. Even I know this....

*vent time over*

The only thing I take away from this is that there was a uninformed person in a gun store. I'm not sure what it has to do with Glock though?
    cmdrdredd likes this.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Reliablity. Reasonable cost. Parts commonality to some degree. Simplicity.

[QUOTE=hwarang54;2605509]Because people buy them without knowing how they work..... Story time.

Surely you aren't blaming the Glock in the story, are you? I'm sure there are plenty of idiots with brand-new Kimbers, M&P's, XD's and Sigs, etc.

Anyway, the issue with me was which first semi-auto to buy. Price was a pretty big consideration at the time. I needed a pistol that I could depend on to be reliable and durable, so after MUCH research I settled on the gen3 Glock 17. I have never been disappointed. Recently bought the gen4 19. After a little while I found the "medium" back strap was the best fit, and it turns out that is the regular size anyway. So, I guess I am blessed with perfect "Glock-size" hands.

Thank you, Lord.
    "...a rifle behind every blade of grass."

I was wondering the same thing about Glocks.....and after reading about them and listening to owners and watching videos, they just work. Period.

They aren't pretty like a Kimber or have a history like a Colt but they do have a staunch following, great aftermarket support and they just work. They can be had for a good price, new or used.

I've pretty much decided that my next gun will be a Glock....probably a 26/27 but I'm starting to lean heavily towards the 19/23 world.

The good thing about it....I can buy them as I want them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    The only thing I take away from this is that there was a uninformed person in a gun store. I'm not sure what it has to do with Glock though?
    Could have easily been someone handling a 1911 and not flipping the thumb safety and thinking the slide is stuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by RookWV View Post
    I was wondering the same thing about Glocks.....and after reading about them and listening to owners and watching videos, they just work. Period.

They aren't pretty like a Kimber or have a history like a Colt but they do have a staunch following, great aftermarket support and they just work. They can be had for a good price, new or used.

I've pretty much decided that my next gun will be a Glock....probably a 26/27 but I'm starting to lean heavily towards the 19/23 world.

The good thing about it....I can buy them as I want them.
    The great thing about a G23 is you can buy a .357sig barrel, drop it in and use your .40SW mags and have a .357sig gun. Then you can grab some G19 or G17 mags, drop a 9mm barrel in and change the extractor and have a G19. I like that about it as well.

There is a whole heap of aftermarket stuff for Glocks too. Probably only really rivaled by the 1911 platform.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Because you can do the murdered out look

[QUOTE=gen3;2605599]
    Quote Originally Posted by hwarang54 View Post

Surely you aren't blaming the Glock in the story, are you? I'm sure there are plenty of idiots with brand-new Kimbers, M&P's, XD's and Sigs, etc.

Anyway, the issue with me was which first semi-auto to buy. Price was a pretty big consideration at the time. I needed a pistol that I could depend on to be reliable and durable, so after MUCH research I settled on the gen3 Glock 17. I have never been disappointed. Recently bought the gen4 19. After a little while I found the "medium" back strap was the best fit, and it turns out that is the regular size anyway. So, I guess I am blessed with perfect "Glock-size" hands.

Thank you, Lord.
    I wasn't blaming Glocks in any of it. It does, however, seem that a lot of first time buyers purchase Glocks. Probably because they are dead reliable and affordable. There is no question in that.

if your tired of hearing about it why start a glock topic. glocks are good reliable guns. rack the slide and you dont gota worry about flipping a safety, and u gota sweet smooth trigger. oh and plus it goes bang every time you pull the trigger, not that it is very important or any thing
    yz9890 likes this.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Sponsored Links